Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold flake test

Piedmontartifacts

Today was our monthly meeting at gold camp today and of course I took the 800 to show my friends the new addition. The discussion of course went to let’s see what it will do. One of the guys had a decent flake he dredged this morning. The gold here is high grade, I’m told. So I was in park 2 and it hit the flake both ways at an I’d of 1. I went to gold 2 program and nothing. Just last night I was reading that the preset iron bias was 6 in both gold programs and sure enough when I dropped it to 1 it rang up clear at 1. Not sure why 6 is preset but it’s to high for small flakes. The flake was about 1/8” square and thin. PA.

Great field testing Kenny, it's all part of understanding how to test and adjust your equipment. I tested some sub Gram pickers in field modes and it banged them out really well.

hit the horseshoe button & put it in all metals in prospecting
then things will change for the better
really lights the nox up on gold nuggets :thumbup:

wltdwiz said:
hit the horseshoe button & put it in all metals in prospecting
then things will change for the better
really lights the nox up on gold nuggets :thumbup:
i did try that and it picked it up fine. But with heavy black sand the negative tones were bad.

did you try auto ground balance & a lower sensitivity ?

The testing was was cut short due to to everyone passing the detector around and asking how much I paid for it. I will do a more thorough test next time I’m there in those soil conditions.