Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Fox Mini Monster revised unboxing !

Very nice little rig I am running a rcm enterprise little highbanker. Very efficient. I like yours better. Seems water flow and collection looks good . Best too you. I take it down to .25 inch concentrates. Is that what you prefer.

90 percent of your gold will be caught in the top blue matting if you are running tilt and water flow correctly. Totally different design from mine . I classify to .25 then feed in . I have rubber matting which falls to miners moss under riffles. Mine is like two different sluice boxes but together with pump. If set up at correct angle most gold holds in top with rubber matting. Very little below . Would this guy just sell the battery box . I could make one my self but the gentleman looks like good quality plus the little grizzly is nice I don't have one

Thanks for the reply back

I have been thinking about Gold Fox Lil Monster for a couple years now but just have never pulled the trigger on one, I am looking for something I can set up at home and run buckets of dirt through that I go out and collect while out detecting for gold I live in a mining district in Arizona that has known gold usually go out on my side by side about 5-7 miles out in some washes detect and then fill 5 gallon buckets I have 20- 5 gallon bucket full rite now so that is why I was asking the mini monster seems like it would fit my bill really well

do you classify down to a certain size before running it through the mini monster ??

I have been thinking about Gold Fox Lil Monster for a couple years now but just have never pulled the trigger on one, I am looking for something I can set up at home and run buckets of dirt through that I go out and collect while out detecting for gold I live in a mining district in Arizona that has known gold usually go out on my side by side about 5-7 miles out in some washes detect and then fill 5 gallon buckets I have 20 5 gallon bucket full rite now so that is why I was asking the mini monster seems like it would fit my bill really well

do you classify down to a certain size before running it through the mini monster ??
Nope not at all, tis the reason for running the high banker vs a sluice. My sluices i have to and its time consuming. I do have the basket GF made as i have a lot of clay that i let wash down.

Nope not at all, tis the reason for running the high banker vs a sluice. My sluices i have to and its time consuming. I do have the basket GF made as i have a lot of clay that i let wash down.
thanks again think I will purchase the premium package, does the premium package come with the rubber matting, on gold fox site it is pretty vague as to the matting that comes with the premium set up

I have been thinking about Gold Fox Lil Monster for a couple years now but just have never pulled the trigger on one, I am looking for something I can set up at home and run buckets of dirt through that I go out and collect while out detecting for gold I live in a mining district in Arizona that has known gold usually go out on my side by side about 5-7 miles out in some washes detect and then fill 5 gallon buckets I have 20- 5 gallon bucket full rite now so that is why I was asking the mini monster seems like it would fit my bill really well

What are you detecting with and for? Black sands ?

What are you detecting with and for? Black sands ?
well currently I am using a Legend, I was using a TDI SL Special addition which I have recently sold and I was also using a GM1000 which I recently sold, I am currently looking for a used Garret 24K, i am also waiting for the Axiom to get released thus the reason I sold my TDI in preparation for the Axiom

the TDI was ok but I just wanted something new, have been discussing the Axiom with a dealer in Idaho and have my name on his List but here is the other dilemma i am hoping Nokta/Macro comes out with their PI detector that one I do not believe will come any time soom

well currently I am using a Legend, I was using a TDI SL Special addition which I have recently sold and I was also using a GM1000 which I recently sold, I am currently looking for a used Garret 24K, i am also waiting for the Axiom to get released thus the reason I sold my TDI in preparation for the Axiom

the TDI was ok but I just wanted something new, have been discussing the Axiom with a dealer in Idaho and have my name on his List but here is the other dilemma i am hoping Nokta/Macro comes out with their PI detector that one I do not believe will come any time soom
Why did you part with the GM 1000 ?
Wouldn't that have been the newest ?
Is there anything special about the 24K ?

The GM1000 is a silent search detector and what I mean by that is it has no threshold at all, I have never been able to detecting with the GM 1000 because of the no threshold, detecting for gold nuggets, the garret 24K is a newer detector originally produced by Whites when Garret purchased whites the 24K is the one detector they continued producing from the whites line, the 24K is a way more adjustable gold detector than the GM1000 which I like, the 24K also has 0-99 TIDs the GM1000 had just a gold chance meter, the 24K I feel would work a little better than the GM1000, I have heard and read some vary good things on the 24K from some well known gold detectorist also, the other thing I did not care for on the GM1000 was every time you sat it down or lifted the coil a little to high you had to re ground balance which became annoying pretty fast also if you were on really hot ground you constantly had to re ground balance, it got pretty annoying in a hurry, the GM 1000 is a vary hot detector but there are a few things that just gets annoying quick the other thing is when you sat it down to dig a target it would fall over because it was really top heavy on the control head when you are gold detecting it gets pretty frustrating to have to set a detector up when you want to run your plastic scoop across a coil to see if you have a target in the scoop and the detector falls over, at least it was for me

The GM1000 is a silent search detector and what I mean by that is it has no threshold at all, I have never been able to detecting with the GM 1000 because of the no threshold, detecting for gold nuggets, the garret 24K is a newer detector originally produced by Whites when Garret purchased whites the 24K is the one detector they continued producing from the whites line, the 24K is a way more adjustable gold detector than the GM1000 which I like, the 24K also has 0-99 TIDs the GM1000 had just a gold chance meter, the 24K I feel would work a little better than the GM1000, I have heard and read some vary good things on the 24K from some well known gold detectorist also, the other thing I did not care for on the GM1000 was every time you sat it down or lifted the coil a little to high you had to re ground balance which became annoying pretty fast also if you were on really hot ground you constantly had to re ground balance, it got pretty annoying in a hurry, the GM 1000 is a vary hot detector but there are a few things that just gets annoying quick the other thing is when you sat it down to dig a target it would fall over because it was really top heavy on the control head when you are gold detecting it gets pretty frustrating to have to set a detector up when you want to run your plastic scoop across a coil to see if you have a target in the scoop and the detector falls over, at least it was for me
If I finally retire I'm picking up the sdc2300 or the gpx 6000. In Alaska where lil brother lives. There are areas where the trash iron is so bad you just can't run a pi. The MXT has actually done well in those locations.
I'm trying to figure out what will be best in a vhf machine. The 1000 and one of the noktas interested me most up till now. Hank 68 and you are getting my interest up on the 24.
I asked what you were searching for for panning and slucing. The MXT followed black sands. Good indicator for panning.

Last edited:
The GM1000 is a silent search detector and what I mean by that is it has no threshold at all, I have never been able to get accustomed to detecting with the GM 1000 because of the no threshold while detecting for gold nuggets, the garret 24K is a newer detector originally produced by Whites when Garret purchased whites the 24K is the one detector they continued producing from the whites line, the 24K is a way more adjustable gold detector than the GM1000 which I like, the 24K also has 0-99 TIDs the GM1000 had just a gold chance meter, the 24K I feel would work a little better than the GM1000, I have heard and read some vary good things on the 24K from some well known gold detectorist, also the other thing I did not care for on the GM1000 was every time you sat it down or lifted the coil a little to high you had to re ground balance which became annoying pretty fast also if you were on really hot ground you constantly had to re ground balance, it got pretty annoying in a hurry, the GM 1000 is a vary hot detector but there are a few things that just gets annoying quick, the other thing is when you sat it down to dig a target it would fall over because it was really top heavy on the control head when you are gold detecting it gets pretty frustrating to have to set a detector up every time when you want to run your plastic scoop across a coil to see if you have a target in the scoop and the detector falls over, at least it was for me

If I finally retire I'm picking up the sdc2300 or the gpx 6000. In Alaska where lil brother lives. There are areas where the trash iron is so bad you just can't run a pi. The MXT has actually done well in those locations.
I'm trying to figure out what will be best in a vhf machine. The 1000 and one of the noktas interested me most up till now. Hank 68 and you are getting my interest up on the 24.
I asked what you were searching for for panning and slucing. The MXT followed black sands. Good indicator for panning.
do not take me wrong the GM1000 is a good detector,if you can live with the things I mentioned, there just is no adjustments for anything on the GM1000 and I just could no longer accept that when you are detecting for gold you want as much adjust ability as you can get, the one thing I am concerned about on the 24K is I have talked to a couple of people that say if you are on really hot ground like I have with extreme amounts of magnetite the 24K will overload and then you have to start backing the sensitivity down to really low they are saying the NOX and Legend run better on heavy magnetite ground

I am really leaning towards the Garret Axiom there is a couple of testers and they are people that I listen to because they are straight shooters, and know gold detectors, that are saying it competes with the GPX 6000 and is lighter which is what I am liking the sound of I am already retired kind of

do not take me wrong the GM1000 is a good detector,if you can live with the things I mentioned, there just is no adjustments for anything on the GM1000 and I just could no longer accept that when you are detecting for gold you want as much adjust ability as you can get, the one thing I am concerned about on the 24K is I have talked to a couple of people that say if you are on really hot ground like I have with extreme amounts of magnetite the 24K will overload and then you have to start backing the sensitivity down to really low they are saying the NOX and Legend run better on heavy magnetite ground

I am really leaning towards the Garret Axiom there is a couple of testers and they are people that I listen to because they are straight shooters, and know gold detectors, that are saying it competes with the GPX 6000 and is lighter which is what I am liking the sound of I am already retired kind of
Yes the Legend really has my interest.
I'm still waiting on the Gold mode update.
Haven't even heard if their working on it.
Seem to be focused on coin shooters for now.
Do you follow the black sands ?
Or just nugget shooting ?