Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold mode

Dears equinox 800 user . in my opinion about the beach mode . it can't work well same like gold mode because with it you can't listen to the gold chain's same like the gold mode. So my important question can I use the gold mode on wet sand and beach underwater. Help us please. Regards

How I know the answer I'm new equinox user and if anyone need the forum help only we got same answers ( Read manual book ) OK so close this forum because we have a manual book and no need any explain. So that what you want of all your members to leave this forum ..

May i suggest you LURK and learn your answers...... OR....... read the manual..... then as your questions. Jason..... you new to the Nox? I am too...... but we have both read the manual.

Makro Racer Power . Who knows ? Why don't you fire up your 800 and go to a wet sand beach ,put it in gold mode and see what happens . Push some of the buttons, it won't bite you ! We can't tell you what to do in specific circumstances but if you learn your detector it will tell you what to do .It's very smart when you learn it's language.

dewcon4414 said:
May i suggest you LURK and learn your answers...... OR....... read the manual..... then as your questions. Jason..... you new to the Nox? I am too...... but we have both read the manual.

Yep, we have! :thumbup:

I dont even have 100 hours on mine yet. But I read the manual twice before I ever received the detector in the mail, and I play with modes and settings and find what works and what doesn't. And when If I find something that makes me say "what the heck?" I come here and ask people their experience in that situation.

What people here DON'T do is to just repeatedly ask for directions on the basic use of the detector. Try to help yourself first.

Let's be a little tolerant of persons who ..Maybe do not understand some of the manual...or just understand personal replies in better descriptive answers.

Thanks all … As always any and all help extended is appreciated.

Personal replies sometimes aren't as they seem. It's hard to post what is meant in reality.
This forum is for all..and hopefully for helping people. It is not the policy of Finds Treasure Forums to want anyone to leave the forum as long as one follows some basic rules...

Elton said:
Let's be a little tolerant of persons who ..Maybe do not understand some of the manual...or just understand personal replies in better descriptive answers.
And of those for whom English is a second language.

To answer your question, but the answer pertains to my location in New EngIand on salt water wet / damp sand. beaches close by do not have much if any "dry" sand.

[size=x-large]In one word NO.[/size] because of the unstable operation of the detector.

The Gold 1&2 Modes are too sensitive to use in the salt environment. The higher Gold Modes' are more sensitive to very small nuggets as apposed to an object the size of a ring or chain in the environment you would search for each.That is why Minelab has given us both modes for gold field and salt water beaches.

Now all this being said, one might tweak the many settings to make a Gold Mode "usable" on the beach environment, but there are settings in the processing algorithms that are not user adjustable...Bottom line there is no harm in trying any Mode in any environment and tweaking the variable controls. This will take time and one must not only know which control effect what you are trying to obtain in a Mod Mode and / or the other settings of the detector. If you try, succeed if setting up what you believe to be a better set of settings, let us all know so we can try time in our locations.