Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Numbers

RLOH

I just read a post in the "todays finds" forum about a person finding a palladium ring with his Nox. He said the numbers were 8-10. I had usually avoided these numbers as I am looking for coins. Nickels ring up 12-13 in my ground so this is why I have avoided digging these numbers. Two weeks ago, I was at a spot where signals were extremely scarce. I got a lock on 10 that just sounded different. I was surprised when I saw a small gold colored cross in the hole. It was not deep(4-5 inches). It was a 14k gold cross with six stones. It is 1 and 1/4 inches by3/4 inches. I usually find three or four pieces of gold jewelry a year while coin hunting and every one piece I have found was digging a nickel type signal. The Nox is the best nickel detector I have ever used. Great accuracy and depth. I am getting old so I am getting selective while detecting. I will start digging these lower signals and hopefully the Nox will shine on these targets also.

In the Fisher F5/F75 I run the numbers are in the nickel area for larger mens gold rings and foil for womens gold rings. The big necklace I found was solid foil and out pops a $1000+ Necklace. I dont pass on solid nickel or foil anymore......

I just read a post in the "todays finds" forum about a person finding a palladium ring with his Nox. He said the numbers were 8-10. I had usually avoided these numbers as I am looking for coins. Nickels ring up 12-13 in my ground so this is why I have avoided digging these numbers. Two weeks ago, I was at a spot where signals were extremely scarce. I got a lock on 10 that just sounded different. I was surprised when I saw a small gold colored cross in the hole. It was not deep(4-5 inches). It was a 14k gold cross with six stones. It is 1 and 1/4 inches by3/4 inches. I usually find three or four pieces of gold jewelry a year while coin hunting and every one piece I have found was digging a nickel type signal. The Nox is the best nickel detector I have ever used. Great accuracy and depth. I am getting old so I am getting selective while detecting. I will start digging these lower signals and hopefully the Nox will shine on these targets also.
Yea... I get the idea of getting a little older and not wanting to dig low numbers. This ring rang up at 12 VDI as best as I can remember, about 4-inches deep. So yes.... I'm older and I dig 10 too 13 a lot.

Attachments

• 20200809_190609.jpg
    20200809_190609.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
I totally get not digging a lot of possible trash targets in the gold ring range numbers which for me have been +7 to +22. Yes, that is where most of the can slaw, pull tabs, aluminum screw caps and falsing steel bottle caps, nuts, bolts and a few other items ring up. My experience is that the Nox will usually make an extra special tone on gold targets if they aren't too deep or masked. All of the gold rings for this year (14) have somehow gotten my undivided attention even though hundreds of pull tabs and especially small and large aluminum screw caps have gotten my attention too. Several women's 10 and 14K promise/engagement type rings have come in between 7 and 10. Women and Men's wedding rings depending on thickness and karat purity have hit anywhere from 12 to 22. Most 10K class rings have hit in the 12 to 15 range.........So, if I get a single number or just two alternating numbers like 12,13 or 17,18 on repeated sweeps in the +7 to +22 range and the target appears to be a non-ferrous coin sized target (not like a crushed aluminum screw cap which has a really big pinpoint circumference usually) I'm digging. I have been fooled by multiple nickels and zinc pennies stuck together but at least they are worth something.

I totally get not digging a lot of possible trash targets in the gold ring range numbers which for me have been +7 to +22. Yes, that is where most of the can slaw, pull tabs, aluminum screw caps and falsing steel bottle caps, nuts, bolts and a few other items ring up. My experience is that the Nox will usually make an extra special tone on gold targets if they aren't too deep or masked. All of the gold rings for this year (14) have somehow gotten my undivided attention even though hundreds of pull tabs and especially small and large aluminum screw caps have gotten my attention too. Several women's 10 and 14K promise/engagement type rings have come in between 7 and 10. Women and Men's wedding rings depending on thickness and karat purity have hit anywhere from 12 to 22. Most 10K class rings have hit in the 12 to 15 range.........So, if I get a single number or just two alternating numbers like 12,13 or 17,18 on repeated sweeps in the +7 to +22 range and the target appears to be a non-ferrous coin sized target (not like a crushed aluminum screw cap which has a really big pinpoint circumference usually) I'm digging. I have been fooled by multiple nickels and zinc pennies stuck together but at least they are worth something.
Funny, you mention the Nox seems to make an extra special tone on gold. The gold cross sounded different than the other signals in the junk range. Thanks for the info.

Congrats on the gold cross.. it has been my experience that gold crosses can be a rather difficult signal just because of their shape.. being a micro jewelry hunter I find that probably 80% of my gold finds read in the single digits with many of those in the 1,2,3 area... of course many of the signals I chase in the water I would not chase on land..

I have found more than 3 dozen gold targets so far using many detectors.
5 gold class rings were at low foil, several were in tabs, I found just about as many in foil as I have in nickels.
Every one was a solid signal after examining each of them closely compared to most trash which is usually more jumpy.
Also chains, most of my silver chains have come in at foil numbers, even the bigger thick ones because chains can be flat-out weird.

Hear It ... Dig It ... recycle the trash.