Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Ring=No / Coins=Yes

A while back I asked for advice regarding the finding of a gold ring using my E-trac. The area wasn't real large, probably the size of half of a basketball court. I've probably been to the site a dozen times since posting (1 to 2 hours a hunt). I dug all signals in the area and found many pouches full of can slaw and pull tabs. All of the signals that were below an eight on the conductive side were foil of some sort. Maybe it wasn't aluminum foil, but it was flimsy metal with the feel of foil.

I did find one ring made of sterling silver. The black face popped out at some time as the ring is crushed. I'm guessing there was a stone in the black part at some point in time. The other ring is made of a cheap metal and it is not gold. The Jesus and cross were in the same hole (it appears to be brass). You can see the welds on the cross.

The following is a list of the coins found:
dime: 1919 S
nickels: Buffalo (No Date), 1907 and 1911 "V" nickels
pennies: 1910, 1916, 1917, 1919, 1923, 1930-D, 1940, 1944-S, and 1944

I may still go in search of the ring, but I have hit a majority of the area and I don't get many targets when I swing the E-trac.

I also have a White's coinmaster. I had the White's coinmaster prior to getting the Etrac. The coinmaster only found clad and newer coins as it has a depth of about 3 inches. I found one mercury dime in 2 years of hunting. I compensated for that by hitting playgrounds looking for gold rings/bracelets. That theory didn't work out too well as I usually came home with loose change and no gold. However, I did learn that I loved the hobby as I stuck with it the entire time (I still enjoy finding dimes and quarters).

I used the stock coil and the SEF 8x6 coil at this site. Those are the two coils I own.

awesome, I used to own a DFX a while back but now own an E Trac and an Explorer SE Pro. I like them both! Nice finds way to go! Thanks for sharing!