Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold ring!!!

JAN1

This is the ring that I found earlier in the week but as the tides have been very long I have been out most days.
The beach it was found on is very hard to detect because of the tons and tons of scrap metal that was dumped there before the tourists started to come to Cornwall. By the harbour is very bad as the fishermen just dumped all their rubbish over the harbour wall and some still do.
Anyway as I have said the ring is 18kt and has a weight of 12gms, not bad for my first good find with my Nox800 which was bought as a replacement for my 10 year old Explorer SE Pro which has died yet again.
Hope you all enjoy the photo's.

Nice pick out of all the debris!! I assume Cornwall U.K., I just returned from a 10 day detecting Holiday from the Essex area.
Cheers, Jeff

Congrats!!!! Very Nice Find and I use to have an explorer se pro as well it was a great machine!!!! But you will find out that this machine will turn allot of your old permissions into brand new ones again :)

Mike K "Ohio"

That’s a great find 12 grams 18k is a couple hundred bucks in gold !
Mark

Nice ring! I have yet to find anything 18kt!

I have found one 14kt ring with my Equinox and it is proving very stable on American beaches.

JAN1 said:
Thanks but it well over 300.
Yes just don't bring it to a pawn shop I have a coin shop that pays almost spot and they are very honest.

Thanks I have a company that I use in the UK. When I sent them a few items to get some money for the Nox 800 I included a couple of Gold rings that had no markings on them. Posted them Tue, the man rang first thing Wed morning and gave a price which was very high and then he told me that the two rings both came up as 22kt on his £30,000 machine, he didn't have to say as I would not have known, Thu morning I received the cheque, enough to get the Nox. Very impressed.

Nice you can get a gold acid kit that will give you a good idea of what KT you have I have gold with no markings that I had to test.
Mark

JAN1 said:
Thanks I have a company that I use in the UK. When I sent them a few items to get some money for the Nox 800 I included a couple of Gold rings that had no markings on them. Posted them Tue, the man rang first thing Wed morning and gave a price which was very high and then he told me that the two rings both came up as 22kt on his £30,000 machine, he didn't have to say as I would not have known, Thu morning I received the cheque, enough to get the Nox. Very impressed.
Sounds like you guys have some reputable shops to deal with. Those are some high quality rings JAN1 I have found lots of gold but never anything high above 14k.:shrug:
HH Jeff

That's a nice ring Jan1.

9g of gold at 42.88 Euro's a gram. . . . that like 385 Euro's. :thumbup:

Congrats.

Rich -

Thanks for that Rich but it weighed in at 12gm.
Hope to get out tomorrow on a beach that I don't usually go to but I have a weird feeling that there is something worth finding there so we shall see.

JAN1 said:
Thanks for that Rich but it weighed in at 12gm.
Hope to get out tomorrow on a beach that I don't usually go to but I have a weird feeling that there is something worth finding there so we shall see.

Sorry for my confusing post. I gathered that it weighed 12 grams. A 12gram ring of 18k gold is 75% gold. Meaning there are 9grams of gold and 3 grams of alloy to harden the gold in a 12gram ring.

9grams of gold multiplied by the spot price of gold when I posted (42.88 Euros a gram) turns out to be 385.92.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. Great looking ring. Best of luck on the next hunt.

Rich

Well going to the beach didn't go well. On arriving in the village the half mile single track road down to the beach was closed for resurfacing work, don't know when it will be finished.
As it was high tide no other beach in the area was available to detect on.

Go at night I do no one there to bother you
Mark