Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold settings for beachs

romanceferris

what are your most successful settings on the equinox 800 so far. I am digging a ton of coins. which is all.dandy but my interest is jewelry. what am I missing . I'm constantly playing with the settings but nothing seem to him that perfect setting for me. All suggestions and feedback is welcomed.

dig everything from TDI #1 and higher, keep your sens as high as it remains stable. If it squeeks, dig it.

I dug 3 14k bracelets this summer that VDI numbers were bouncing 1 to 2 So I would agree there's not a lot of trash at most beaches.

Mike K "Ohio"

Romance, I know a guy who doesn’t dig coins at the beach. He only wants gold sounds.

Me Ike it as it comes, I dig coins and hope for a Goldie just enjoying the hobby.
I should go into the water but for now I only get my toes wet.

Tony

I looked at the Equinox numbers for gold rings (N=19) and for my sample the Nox 800 numbers ranged from 5 - 21, with 16 rings ranging from 10 - 20. Except for nickels (around 13), the coin range (about 18 - 31 on beach for 1 cent, 10 and 25 cent) only touches the upper end of the gold ring range, so dig everything and you'll eventually find jewelry. But it is more rare than ya'd think to find jewelry and especially gold. Based on all the posts, you'd think everybody finds gold every hunt. Problem is, nobody posts when they go hunting for 5 hrs and find 3 coins, and two are cents. Case in point - I spent 10 hrs in the surf this week and found 35 coins and half were cents. Absolutely nothing else.

2019 Gold: 16

LawrencetheMDer said:
..... Based on all the posts, you'd think everybody finds gold every hunt. Problem is, nobody posts when they go hunting for 5 hrs and find 3 coins, and two are cents. ....

That is true for every type of hunting. Just cruising the finds page of any forum and youll think that silver coins, colonial relics and more are just laying on top of the ground everywhere. Its a fishing show. The fishermen arent catching a fish every 60 seconds, its just cutting out the dead space in between. You have to use the same eye on TH boards. You would assume that people understand that principle, but not everyone does.

and the targets have to be there and in range of our coil. Good reminder For me from you both. Thx

This week found 3 gold items (14k watch, 10k ring, 14k loop war ring) and a silver ring over 4 hr hunt on rock beach during abnormally low tide. Targets were everywhere, but had to be dug by hand and serrated tool. Based on Nox 800 readings, and emphasizing display numbers 5 - 14, I was able to avoid coins and pull tabs, for most part, and concentrate on good gold numbers. Given that I had never found 3 gold pieces in one hunt before (starting in 1970s), I think my strategy paid off - and exemplifies the 800's ability to cherry pick targets in a time limited environment. Can't wait for next low low tide...

The vast majority of my gold found read as 10 or lower. 8 was my favorite number when I first got the EQX.