Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold stud earings

I am hoping someone will post a video as to how well the 800 works or doesn't work on stud earrings. I do not own a Nox yet and am still on the fence somewhat. If a Nox can detect stud earrings I will be sold.

UWMM

I found 2 the other day on a fresh water beach. I found a bb, 5 inches down, in a trashed park.

Taylor were those gold? Studs...... especially gold is going to be a challenge for a few reasons..... location (park, beach ect), prongs, they tend to PARACHUTE (turn up on the stone) and in water can get deeper, gold its self, size and ground mineralization or salt. Im a doubting thomas unless you are talking using 40khz. Either of the beach modes with the salt setting IMO ..... you best get lucky. How many TINY chains have we seen? Its got its limits...... but still is a lot hotter than most machines on gold and any situation.

Dew

One was gold with a big stone. The other was more like a straight pin. I use a gold digger land and sea pinpointer ( pulse induction ). Freshwater sand beach using park 2.

I have only been hunting the wet sand and in the salt water...... it KILLS the high conductor ones like silver or copper filled. BUT ..... i suspect you were asking about gold. Ill be surprised if it will get them in the wet salt areas. That said....... for the cost you cant bet its flexibility... and ability.

Dew

Drew I have picked up silver earring with looks like zircon stone in it, and a gold clasp for a stud using beach one, clasp did not give me any numbers but mid tone about 2" deep wet sand, silver 19 number right on top of the beach dry sand. Tonight I have picked up a watch band pin looks to be stainless not real sure but giving me 9 and 3" odd deep. sweep speed has a lot to do with it as if I was to slow it would not see the pin and the same as to fast, still working on the right speed for the right beach, the misses is a real slow swing rate and she pulled out a bearing holder(11Pound in weight) just over 4 foot deep and yet I could not pick it with my normal swing speed, but when I slowed right up yep I got it, going to don the wet suit in the next few days to hit the surf line as tide will be at a real low point so no waves :) so hope for some gold rings, have many other rings of different martials but the gold ones bit hard to find.