Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golden Mask

oldkoot

Welp I went and done it again I picked up another Beep and Dig Detector LOL and the Brand is in the header The model is a Golden Mask Pro 4 WD, received it today 3/5/2024 directly from Bulgaria

Really liking what I am seeing so far very well made Beeper, in the short period I have had it tested it on a few targets in my test bed which has been in the ground for rite at two years, I am impressed, with the build quality the easy adjustments and the different features (Which there aren't many) LOL

yes I have gone NUTS LOL, I am obsessed with these beep and dig detectors, the ease of setup and the capabilities of these new brands of beep and dig detectors they are just fun to swing, and yes they are a dig everything type of detector which I did any ways even with these new Whiz Bang digital detectors.

Who needs a screen and TID numbers (Not Me) LOL

Oh very nice - there's a lot to be said when it comes to Beep & Dig. I have to have one or more in the herd, keep in the mix with my screen display detectors.
I'm sure if I had to let go of all my detectors and can only have one it would be a Beep & Dig. Have dug a lot of finds with a detector with no display. A go-to machine.
If you think you gone nuts & obsessed, it's for a good reason - just think of it as a piece of exercise machine: walk, up squat, up squat, keep walking, up squat up squat
Very nice and sound like an interesting machine your going to enjoy - Beep & Dig works!

Oh very nice - there's a lot to be said when it comes to Beep & Dig. I have to have one or more in the herd, keep in the mix with my screen display detectors.
I'm sure if I had to let go of all my detectors and can only have one it would be a Beep & Dig. Have dug a lot of finds with a detector with no display. A go-to machine.
If you think you gone nuts & obsessed, it's for a good reason - just think of it as a piece of exercise machine: walk, up squat, up squat, keep walking, up squat up squat
Very nice and sound like an interesting machine your going to enjoy - Beep & Dig works!
Yep I have the Vista X and now the Golden Mask 4 WD I am liking them both so far, they are fun detectors to use, no looking at a screen and inaccurate TIDs to frustrate you, love the tones on both the X and the 4 WD so far

Vista X and now the Golden Mask 4 WD - Oh very nice and very interesting. I see the Golden Mask is dual frequency.
Kind of makes a nice pair of non-TID machines - I like it!
Been doing some comparisons between the Vista X and the GM 4 WD and they are very close to each other in perfomance, build quality is great and both are lite, I am liking what i am seeing in both did have a problem with the Vista X when I first got it and sent it back to Richard at Backwoods Detectors, to have him check it out but it was all due to USER ERROR on my part, and I hate using those two words
(USER ERROR) but in this case those two words fit, there is enough differences between the Vista X and the GM 4 WD that I do not see myself growing tired of using either one of them.

Ordering directly from Golden Mask was a little nerve racking being in the U.S, but overall I could not have had a purchase and delivery of the GM 4 WD go any smoother than that order did, it did get put on hold in Cincinnati for 4 days after it had cleared customs in New York but it was delivered pretty quick even with the hold, I think total shipping time even with the hold up in Cincinnati from Bulgaria to me was less than two weeks which I thought was excellent, and I would not hesitate to place another order directly with Golden Mask if I decide to purchase another GM detector

Overall I am very happy with my decision in purchasing the Vista X and the GM 4 WD

You mean seek & confirm another opinion just in case there is a better more correct way is not an error, know what not to do has value as well as know what to do - something like that...
I don't have enough nerve to direct order out of the US - I wouldn't know how to anyway, and don't think I want to know. Glad all worked out well for you.
Will be interesting a little down the road when you get some hours on both, which would be more preferred for your detecting type/environment should one of your arms fall off from over detecting :D

I had a couple Golden Mask. My brother has one of them now. The other was as 4wd. It was a real good detector. The only bad part was EMI really hurt its performance.

You mean seek & confirm another opinion just in case there is a better more correct way is not an error, know what not to do has value as well as know what to do - something like that...
I don't have enough nerve to direct order out of the US - I wouldn't know how to anyway, and don't think I want to know. Glad all worked out well for you.
Will be interesting a little down the road when you get some hours on both, which would be more preferred for your detecting type/environment should one of your arms fall off from over detecting :D
As I said it was a little nerve racking but everything went smooth, from ordering to delivery, the ordering was pretty simple, I did make a request VIA email to golden mask asking if they could combine the shipping charges for the 4 WD and I wanted to order an extra coil, so I ask if they could send me an invoice with combined shipping for the extra coil and detector and they did do that for me, I paid the invoice and that sent me a confirmation email and then two days latter sent me a tracking number and let me know my order had shipped, the People at golden mask seemed very sincere in wanting everything with my order going very smooth and everything did I was very happy with the hole transaction

I had a couple Golden Mask. My brother has one of them now. The other was as 4wd. It was a real good detector. The only bad part was EMI really hurt its performance.
Honestly I have had more issues with EMI with the Legend than I have with the 4 WD, the 4 WD runs smoother than any detector I have besides the Vista X which runs just as smooth as the 4 WD, maybe they have changed something in the 4 WD to make it not so EMI sensitive, because as I stated the GM 4 WD and the Vista X seem to be immune to EMI at least where I detect that seems to be the case

I am liking both the Vista X and the 4 WD equally

No noise but it would lose depth in test garden when other detectors wouldn’t. Also at ball field it wouldn’t find deeper targets that some of my other detectors could find, ones that it would normally out perform. It would happen with both models. I really thought I’d mainly use the 18kh but ended up using the 8kh the most. The Golden mask are supposedly better than others in high mineral sites but I couldn’t test that.

Instead of Golden Mask, it should be called Golden Unmask. 😁
I finally figured out the settings on the Vista X to where it will hit a Nickel surrounded by old square nails. Something that my other high end detectors couldn't touch, even with all the bells and whistles.
I still use a SMF at the beach, but every good detector has its place.

Instead of Golden Mask, it should be called Golden Unmask. 😁
I finally figured out the settings on the Vista X to where it will hit a Nickel surrounded by old square nails. Something that my other high end detectors couldn't touch, even with all the bells and whistles.
I still use a SMF at the beach, but every good detector has its place.
I will agree 100% I am hitting targets in my two year old test bed that my digital detectors would not even give a hint that there was something there, the Vista X and the 4 WD not only are hitting those targets but hitting them with authority, and they will pull a coin out of some of the most iron infested ground that it is almost ridiculous to think about even using one of these new whiz bang digital detectors, the Vista X and the 4 WD have made detecting fun again for me, I am sold on the Deep Tech and the Golden Mask detectors for sure, they are not only very deep detectors but much less confusing to set up and detect, I will not be going back to the Legend or any other supposed high tech detector wit inaccurate target IDs anytime soon I can tell you that.

Hi, have just ordered a 4 wd pro, did it matter which frequency you used on the test bed? I appreciate target metal/target size can be an influence but any input would be a help. Gaz.

Hi, have just ordered a 4 wd pro, did it matter which frequency you used on the test bed? I appreciate target metal/target size can be an influence but any input would be a help. Gaz.
Honestly I have yet to try the 8 KHz yet I am running the 9.5 Coil in 18 KHz and it is seeing some very deep targets, and also running very stable on the Ground I detect which is highly mineralized with a heavy layer of magnetite and a heavy salt content, I did try the 8 KHz on targets above the ground and found for me the 4WD gave a better target response using the 18 KHz, I really should try that 8 KHz on wild targets but when I am out detecting and something is working good for me I tend to forget about other things on a detector and just never think to flip that toggle switch over to the 8 KHz LOL, I have also been running the 4WD in Auto Balance (HR) on the ground balance knob the HR stands for hot rocks but if you read the instruction manual the HR is Auto GB as well as Hot Rock elimination, fully Left on the Ground Balance POT is the HR (Auto GB)

Thanks for the input..
No problem if you have anymore questions I will try to answer them as best I can, I have only had the 4WD for a short time so I am also in the learning stages with it also but there really is not much to learn on the 4WD though, the one thing I will tell you if you get on ground that is giving you fits and making the 4WD run to chatty or if you cannot get the 4WD to ground balance properly do not be afraid to set the GB pot to that HR setting which is all the way to the left on the GB Knob and that will settle the 4WD down, I have not found any ground yet with the 4WD that I was unable to detect due to the 4WD being unstable and I have also not had any issues with EMI either The 4WD is a great beep and dig detector and real fun to use, also do not be afraid to drop you Gain (Sensitivity) on the GM 4WD either to get it to run stable
(You do not have to run at full Sensitivity) for the GM to hit targets.

Last edited: