Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golden Umax dis-continued?

jimmy

I read a cpl of months back that this unit had a problem or was dis-contniued for some reason, was it corrected and are they back up and still for sale? I am currently using an etrac which I love but it's not the jewelry hunting machine I 1st thought, anyway I like what I had read about the tones and notch capabilities of the golden umax w/new tones. Anybody know what the deal is on this detector? thanks Jimmy in north carolina

The Golden is still on hold, it is being worked on by Tesoro to take care of a issue

Thanks for the info woodchuck, I wonder if they will recall the new tone versions already out? I want a new umax but I want to be confident in it, I guess I will wait and see :confused:

Not sure what the issue is. But I think most issues come from the changes that require the use or no longer use of lead.

Hmmm, OK well I wonder which tesoro model if any can do what the golden does? or which brand detector can equal or come close to what the golden can? I better start doing a lot of google searches and try and find something else I guess.

I just hope the ones sold don't have a bug in them.On another forum Robert said something about a programming issue.Hope they got the new tones done right.If not oh well,it's a Tesoro. :-D

SpiritRelic said:
I just hope the ones sold don't have a bug in them.On another forum Robert said something about a programming issue.Hope they got the new tones done right.If not oh well,it's a Tesoro. :-D

I have the new tone Golden

I have not heard anything more about this.The last i heard was a programming error,and sales were stopped.The golden is awesome.I can stand in one spot and hear the deeper coins,and just pic em out and dig.

I too was thinking about picking one up but was kinda wondering what was going on?

I just bought a new tone unit. Went out today for the first time here in Ohio. I like the feel of it n=but the wind and mud got the best of me. Needs to warm up and dry up.

The Golden is an excellent detector for coin/jewelry hunts. It is 1 of those detectors you never get rid of.

OK....I know my Cibola is a deeper machine than a golden would be, but I still want one. I wish I could just get a good depth comparison on the 2. I know the Vaquero is the deepest in my price range. But I really would like the tones of a golden, one sweep and you know what it might be, no looking at a screen to slow me down. Just dig...I am so selling the golden to myself.

I just got the golden. Brand new. I love it. Very additive. Deepest coin so far is 6 inch penny. I have had golden about 10 days. Like you I wanted the different tones. I am already getting confident with the tones and have learner what deep coins sound like. Golden is worth a try.

kingingkunsan said:
I just got the golden. Brand new. I love it. Very additive. Deepest coin so far is 6 inch penny. I have had golden about 10 days. Like you I wanted the different tones. I am already getting confident with the tones and have learner what deep coins sound like. Golden is worth a try.

Thanks for the update, great info.

Let's see how long Nathan of Tesoro delays a response.
This is how it will go down. This rumor will snowball and some poster will get tarred and feathered and get an innocent post of inquiry deleted.
Sad state of affairs. None of us work for Tesoro but we monitor this forum out of passion. In an 8 hour work day you would think Tesoro would have someone on top of this stuff to quell rumors even if he has to do it multiple times. Dave Johnson of Fisher is a good example of this. Tesoro no matter how many times needs to address this stuff.
The Golden issue.
Or is it going to be a 2year delay like the tesoro water machine issues. I am tempted to reveal a pm i got that tells the reason why the golden is mia. But out of respect I wont betray a promise. All I can say is it is comparable to loosing the keys to the car and not having a spare set.

HH
Jason

Maybe not a issue of just losing the keys.The keys could have got stolen.So glad i got a new golden.Those keys my be worth some money to someone else,so they just simply vanished. :-$

I have found there are a few "new" old stock unit still available so makes me wonder if there is really that much of a demand for it. Make a few calls and you can find one. One dealer wanted retail and I told him good luck. He has had his for well over a year and old tones. It is a niche machine and I believe a majority of folks want a meter to go with their decision making process. Their loss. I do have to say that the folks that have them don't seem to promote the line and sure that if the factory doesn't release it soon they will sell them despite not advertising they have one. IMHO

Maybe something like the chinese spy they just caught with Nasa info & software trying to board a plane yesterday with a one way ticket back to china, could be a someone with proprietery info heading to china to mass produce a New Golden Jewelry King Metal Detector? Ya never know, industrial espionage happens quite often. If something comes out with those unique features of the G.UMax it would be worth a look.

Under the heading comparing the DeepTech,Vaquero,Goldbug,China will pay big money to get there hands on the complete build program.The Golden is special.No other detector can be dialed in to make a specific sound on gold.If someone got hold of the program,they would not have to reverse engineer it.Simply inter the program and build.There is more to this than we know. :-Q