Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golf ball Mortar

Larry (IL)

I got the barrel in today for a sled that I made, just a fun thing that goes BOOM and resembles a Coehorn. I might try and do some scale mortar making in the future.

[attachment 221395 mortar5.jpg][attachment 221396 mortar6.jpg]

You bet, it's not just to look at. I have to get rid of all those golf balls I have found all these years.....:biggrin: I have to get my FOID card to buy black powder, so it will be a while yet, I'll do a video. I let my FOID card expire when I gave my guns to my son years ago.

:super:Cool, that takes a meaning to yelling 4 on the gol course!

Larry Pyrodex will work and there is less smoke. You may know about Pyrodex which is a propellant for modern day muzzle loaders and can be bought at most sporting goods stores. Wal-Mart sells it in sporting goods. Get RS for rifle and shotgun. It is more coarse than pistol powder and you don't need anything special to buy Pyrodex. Fire that Baby! I use hair spray in my TATOR guns. Keep us posted. HH :minelab:

I forgot this is an Illinois thing. FOID is Firearms Owner Identification Card, needed to buy guns and ammo (and black powder). Criminals can't get the card but that doesn't stop them from buying guns and ammo if they really wanted them. It's just another tax.

All of the manufactures of these things specify Black Powder only, not sure why but I will follow their lead.

To much chamber pressure if any other powder is used! I would only use xx powder! Do not use modern rifle cartridge powder!!

Pack a few of these in it and see what it does... cch

Those is what I call " hit the mark minnies".