Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gonna need a longer probe

coindude

Went out with my new E-trak yesterday to a small park near my house. A park that I have detected many, many times with various machines that I have owned. Didn't know that there was another layer of coins at 7 to 9 inches down that were not being detected. I always try to pop the coins with a probe if possible, but my 4 inch probe just wasn't cutting it. This E-Trac is some kind of machine. Don't have pics but got $4.76 in clad and 1 1953S wheatie and 2 Roseys at 9 inches. Was running the stock coin program. Once again, this is some kind of machine!!!!!

Hi - Glad to hear the new machine is working for u! You got the Lesche with your package deal no? That's what I use to dig a plug with. A probe is just not gonna cut it any more with a machine like this :thumbup: The other option is a plug cutter called a TargetBuddy which I like (www.targetbuddy.com). Congrats on the great first outing!

Eric, Where do you use your Target Buddy? Is it good for areas with tree roots, old gravel driveways overgrown with grass, and difficult places to dig? What part of it is stainless and what part is aluminum? Do you need to sharpen the lower edge from time to time, or how does it keep on digging? Thanks! ( I looked at the website.)

Reggie, I primarily use it in parks and it cuts through small tree roots very well - I've never had to sharpen the edge as the serations along the edge work well. I believe the digging part of the tool and the shaft is all steel. Not sure about gravel, but I've found it to work well in other areas that I've used it. Once you put the plug back in the ground you can barely tell that someone has dug there. Grumpyoldman and I have been discussing a new design with a bigger cup since the Explorer/Etrac goes so deep.