Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good day lake hunting.

Dan(NM)

Took the Nox down to my local lake for an all day hunt on the exposed beach area. The lake level has been dropping all summer due to the lack of rain in central Texas. I spent most of the morning digging nothing but trash, mainly pulltabs and bottle caps.

First good hit was the palladium ring, VDI was 15. Next keeper was the little silver rope pendant, VDI was 24. Last find of the day was the 10K ring which hit at 12. This is my first palladium ring, I thought it was stainless when I first saw it, but when I picked it up, it had some weight so I figured it was white gold. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was mark "Benchmark Palladium" weighed 6 grams, the gold ring was a lightweight at 2 grams.

My settings:
Park 1
Sen 23
Iron bias F2-0
2 tones
Tone break set at -2 to 40
Man GB 2

Attachments

• image1276.jpg
    image1276.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 103
  • gold silver pall.jpg
    gold silver pall.jpg
    912 KB · Views: 110
  • palladium.jpg
    palladium.jpg
    971 KB · Views: 126
  • trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    1,004.1 KB · Views: 120
Great hunt, you did well. Thanks for posting your settings as I am also starting to play in the lake a bit.

Took the Nox down to my local lake for an all day hunt on the exposed beach area. The lake level has been dropping all summer due to the lack of rain in central Texas. I spent most of the morning digging nothing but trash, mainly pulltabs and bottle caps.

First good hit was the palladium ring, VDI was 15. Next keeper was the little silver rope pendant, VDI was 24. Last find of the day was the 10K ring which hit at 12. This is my first palladium ring, I thought it was stainless when I first saw it, but when I picked it up, it had some weight so I figured it was white gold. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was mark "Benchmark Palladium" weighed 6 grams, the gold ring was a lightweight at 2 grams.

My settings:
Park 1
Sen 23
Iron bias F2-0
2 tones
Tone break set at -2 to 40
Man GB 2
I was told by a jeweler years ago that in the past Palladium was not always marked so take care if you find anymore.

NIce finds Dan!
Mark