Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good hunt with the CoRe

shoover said:
Flynn is right about the audio. It's like taking a good tone and a bad tone playing them together at the same time. They don't blend into a new tone you can hear them both. It has such a clear sound ( i might be strecting it a little but not much) you can almost hear which signal is on top.

so this "blended" signal is in di3 mode only,, and once you hear it repeatedly and "learn it", it might just become a whole new machine agajn. now HOW cool is that?

I CANT WAIT TO EXPERIENCE THIS IS REAL LIFE.

bubbadirect said:
shoover said:
Flynn is right about the audio. It's like taking a good tone and a bad tone playing them together at the same time. They don't blend into a new tone you can hear them both. It has such a clear sound ( i might be strecting it a little but not much) you can almost hear which signal is on top.

so this "blended" signal is in di3 mode only,, and once you hear it repeatedly and "learn it", it might just become a whole new machine agajn. now HOW cool is that?

I CANT WAIT TO EXPERIENCE THIS IS REAL LIFE.
no both Di2 and Di3

Thank you KYJoe. Should have looked it up. Checked it out, now I know. Looks like a good machine, couldn't see a lot of difference between it and the Racer. Running two CZs and two Garrett's now but may have to look into the CoRe.

wayne_etc said:
Got out again yesterday. The more time I put in with the CoRe, the more impressed I am. Been hitting this mid 1800s home site that has been pounded, and each time I've come home with a keeper. Ran in Di3, sens about 50, Discrim (ID Masking) down to 0. As usual, I would dig anything that was "iffy".

Got a couple goodies including the WC Starr and Sons medallion which I originally thought was a token. Apparently it was just a label on some equipment. It was a good 7" down and gave a solid signal. Can't believe it hadn't been found before. From an online source:

W. C. STARR & SON, Richmond, Ind. : Saddlery Hardware. Their catalogue No I, 1892-3, of 40 pages, is handsomely illustrated, showing Fancy Top Hames, Shaft Loop Buckles, Extra Heavy Express Trimmings, Harness Buckles, Letters, jeweled Ornaments, Metal Trade-Marks, Solid Metal Brow Bands, Steel Center Fancy Clips, Gag Chains, Metal Housing Borders, Bits, &c.

They ceased production around 1911 or so.

[attachment 309015 stuff.jpg]

Also got handle from flatware and a BullsEye snap or button. Again, nonferrous targets at this site are rare, nails and farm debris are everywhere.

w

Very nice Wayne!