Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good hunt with the CoRe

wayne_etc

Got out again yesterday. The more time I put in with the CoRe, the more impressed I am. Been hitting this mid 1800s home site that has been pounded, and each time I've come home with a keeper. Ran in Di3, sens about 50, Discrim (ID Masking) down to 0. As usual, I would dig anything that was "iffy".

Got a couple goodies including the WC Starr and Sons medallion which I originally thought was a token. Apparently it was just a label on some equipment. It was a good 7" down and gave a solid signal. Can't believe it hadn't been found before. From an online source:

W. C. STARR & SON, Richmond, Ind. : Saddlery Hardware. Their catalogue No I, 1892-3, of 40 pages, is handsomely illustrated, showing Fancy Top Hames, Shaft Loop Buckles, Extra Heavy Express Trimmings, Harness Buckles, Letters, jeweled Ornaments, Metal Trade-Marks, Solid Metal Brow Bands, Steel Center Fancy Clips, Gag Chains, Metal Housing Borders, Bits, &c.

They ceased production around 1911 or so.

[attachment 309015 stuff.jpg]

Also got handle from flatware and a BullsEye snap or button. Again, nonferrous targets at this site are rare, nails and farm debris are everywhere.

w

Wayne I've tried many many times to dig the iffy's. There are none looks like to me. It locks like a jail cell on good metal. If the ID is jumpy and it just plain don't sound solid I haven't dug anything yet that was a good target. Leave that ID mask at 10 and you will not miss anything still. Dead nuts do it right detector you have there.

J, at some sites I would just dig the solid hits. But at this one there is just so much iron, large and small, that there pretty much are NO solid signals. For example the spur I dug a few days ago (see my earlier post) that was under a length of rusty chain. It sounded like crap but had just enough of a high tone squeak to make me want to dig it. That's just how this site is.

And by the way, this was with the 11" coil.

w

Yessir. Honestly after 25-30 machines I'd say it's the best. The smaller coil must be lethal. Can't wait to get one.

w

Pop that small coil on and run the sens up to 99, it will run quiet as a mouse anywhere maxed. DI3 and you will be surprised at the depth and the amount of stuff still there the small coil will find.

wayne_etc said:
Yessir. Honestly after 25-30 machines I'd say it's the best.

I love hearing this it makes me think I did the right thing passing on a used T2 or 705.

Good hunt Wayne!!
Folks, you can take the CoRe unit with small coil to any area you think you've killed; especially the areas with boatloads of trash and iron, and still pull good targets. It is that good, best I've seen. And before you ask, I'm no salesman. The CoRe unit with small coil is what it is............a killer combination.

On the one hand I'm real happy for you and the finds. It looks like I made a sound choice with a pre-order. Especially if they turn out as good, or better with tweaks, as the advance units. On the other hand I think I need to quit reading the forum until the Racer Pro is delivered. The waiting game is torture...

You know this probably needs to be stated. Some folks may have difficulty with walking a lot either from a disease, injury, or old(er) age. This CoRe unit and the Racer, both with small coils attached, can be taken to yards/areas with lots of iron/trash and the operator really doesn't have to do a lot of walking like maybe they would with another detector. You can literally stand in one spot and turn while sweeping and maneuver the small coil ever so slowly and have to walk only a few paces. Most other detectors will not separate as well, causing you not to be able to hear the good targets, hence having to walk more to find a detectable target.

But we'll still have to bend over and dig!

Yes, you're right. I was just joking with you.

Believe me, I've gone on many hunts where I've taken LOTS of steps between
finding good signals to dig. Getting a quick, good signal is always a good thing.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Racer with both coils. The five-incher has
received so many strongly positive reviews that I will certainly spend a lot of
time with it.

--Tom

foxhunter said:
curious to know what machines(in your past) your comparing this to. How would you compare it to the t2 f75 ?

My observation, been hunting behind G2, 705, CTX, GB, T2, all with small coils, my own Deus, gone now to another home, several Tesoro's, White's machines and a couple more there's been so many. All ran by accomplished detectorist, very good detectorists. I've watched for months as we hunted several old house lots downtown. A lot of trash, more than imaginable. Our finds went from 10 or 15 coins a piece and some CW stuff to almost nothing. I aquired the CoRe and ran it in DI2 for a while in heavy trash, not where you want to use DI2, then switched over to DI3 and proceeded to dig a handful of good targets where we had all been hunting for say 600-700 man hours on this place. I mean places all of us had been hunting many times. Some places were so littered with coins, old sidewalks, it was absurd how all of these machines missed that many coins. They didn't really, the good targets were masked by lot's of small ferrous pieces. Everywhere I've been since getting the CoRe running the small coil, even places we hunted out a few years ago, stuff was there that was not seen. I really don't think being how simple this machine is and powerful, anything will match it now and in the forseeable future, especially with the small coil. It is crazy good, the audio is the reason, someone figured out it has an open audion gate, I call it live audio for a lack of better words. It's something you have to have that epiphany moment to understand.

Flynn is right about the audio. It's like taking a good tone and a bad tone playing them together at the same time. They don't blend into a new tone you can hear them both. It has such a clear sound ( i might be strecting it a little but not much) you can almost hear which signal is on top.

To me audio is cleaner, more intelligent sounding than F75se or F75LTD2 when in the iron/trash filled spots. I think as good quality wise as Deus, The amount and quality of tone reported with extremely small coil movement is both amazing and shocking.