Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good Luck and Bad Luck today

carver

Went out to a local park this morning with my CTX 3030 and found six clad quarters,six clad dimes, five pennies, one modern Jefferson and one Gold ring.
Last Sat. and Sunday I found four silver dimes and six wheat pennies. This was the good luck. The bad luck is that I lost my Garret Pro pin pointer. Got home and it was missing. I went back to the last place I had dug and pin pointer was not there. Now I need to buy another.

CARVER

First off, congrats on the finds. Secondly, sorry to hear you lost your ProPointer. When I left mine laying in the field for the second time, I decided to make me what I call my Finder-Keeper. Basically, it is a "janitor style" key holder that had a Kevlar coil, and attached the Propointer a short tether. It allows me to use the pinpointers without the worry of leaving them behind. If I forget to pick it up, or miss the holster, it stays within reach.
HH Randy

[attachment 241124 propointertether003.JPG]

carver said:
Went out to a local park this morning with my CTX 3030 and found six clad quarters,six clad dimes, five pennies, one modern Jefferson and one Gold ring.
Last Sat. and Sunday I found four silver dimes and six wheat pennies. This was the good luck. The bad luck is that I lost my Garret Pro pin pointer. Got home and it was missing. I went back to the last place I had dug and pin pointer was not there. Now I need to buy another.

CARVER

It happens! I have dropped mine twice.

Thanks for the information. I will look for one of those. Thanks for what you are doing for the other people like me.

CAEVER

I went to the beach loaded with lots of people and managed to drop mine somewhere along the way. Almost ruined my whole trip.Another fellow detecting the beach came up to me sometime later and said, "Is this by any chance yours?" Oh yea!! A happy camper once again!

Most fellow metal detectionist are going to try to find the owner of an item. I found a walkie talkie in a park recently and went around to several places that have horses. I had been talking to several horsemen prior to finding the walkie talkie. I finally turned it in to the park office. I probably spent one hour looking for the owner. Thanks for your reply

CARVER

[size=x-large]Yellow Krylon Plastic spray paint![/size] :thumbup: After the first time I wasted an hour searching the woods for my Pro Pointer I painted the top half bright yellow. Not only will it help you find it if it's lost, but it's a lot tougher to forget it in the first place. .:detecting:

This sounds like a real good idea. Thanks to everyone who have offered ideas. Got my new pro pointer today. Looking forward to tomorrow getting out with CTX 3030 and new pin pointer.

Carver