Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good Luck and Seated Quarters

timwied

[attachment 352235 IMG_1483b.jpg]

Keith and I got an afternoon to do some digging today! First permission we hunted for over an hour and I finally found among all the scraps of aluminum, this Good Luck Token. Don't know who Ricky Harrell & Kathy Garrett are, but it worked! We left and went to our second site, after obtaining permission from the gentleman, we started hunting, Keith ended up with a couple Indian Heads, but I found the 1876 Seated Quarter, and then about a half hour later I found the 1856! I was shaking at this point with excitement!!! Never in all my wildest dreams did I think I'd find two seated liberties in one day! I got two birds with one hunt off my bucket list today! First was finding a Seated Liberty Quarter, and the second was Breaking the 1860 Barrier that has haunted me for 4 years! (Except the 1700's Chinese Cash Coin). I think I was so excited, Keith really wanted to slap me with his shovel, but didn't! He's a great hunting buddy! I couldn't contain this one, I had to share it. Happy Hunting and hope you all find your Good Luck Token! And thanks Ricky and Kathy, whoever you are!!!

Thanks, I'm happy!!! Gotta get some work done so I can go back!!!

A Seated Quarter is definitely on my bucket list. Congratulations on finding two beauties!

earthlypotluck said:
A Seated Quarter is definitely on my bucket list. Congratulations on finding two beauties!

Thanks earthypotluck! I had three seated dimes, and 1861, 1890 and 1891S, but not seated Quarters, now I do!!! Still can't stop taking them out of my pocket and looking at them, I've showed them to about everyone that is the least bit interested in coins! LOL. 1856 was a long time ago!!!

Two Seated Quarters - fantastic !

I've found a few of those types of tokens / medallions myself.
I remember seeing the machines that made them at carnivals when I was a little kid.
I think they were real popular in the 1950's and 60's.

Here's a few photo's of the machines I found a few years ago.

Good Hunting !

You are welcome. Please, call me Jim. Seated Quarters are extremely hard to come by in the places I hunt - basically extinct. Permission is where they are likely going to be found. Public places not so much - rare actually. Unless the people that hunt them forget to turn their detector on. :blink: The three seated dimes I found I worked my (bleep) off for them. Climbing tons of hills, hiking down into valleys, drinking gallons and gallons of water / electrolytes drinks, and wore out two pair of hiking shoes in the process. :rofl:

You will always remember the day and where you found them. The three dimes that I found, I can still clearly picture the exact spot where I found them and revel the memories. Once again, Congrats on a fantastic double Seated recovery :cheers:

timwied said:
earthlypotluck said:

Thanks earthypotluck! I had three seated dimes, and 1861, 1890 and 1891S, but not seated Quarters, now I do!!! Still can't stop taking them out of my pocket and looking at them, I've showed them to about everyone that is the least bit interested in coins! LOL. 1856 was a long time ago!!!

Thanks Mark, I wondered how it was made! Now I know!

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
Two Seated Quarters - fantastic !

I've found a few of those types of tokens / medallions myself.
I remember seeing the machines that made them at carnivals when I was a little kid.
I think they were real popular in the 1950's and 60's.

Here's a few photo's of the machines I found a few years ago.

Good Hunting !

I've found several of these tokens over the years. The latest one came out of the front yard of the house we moved into last year. One of the names was the daughter of a family that lived in the house in the 1960's-70's. Went to vote in November and was surprised to find her working the polls. She shared some interesting stories about the house and the neighborhood.

Mark in Ripley, NY