Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good Service

I've seen a couple of people mention they didn't like the service they got after sending a metal detector in for repair. Can anyone tell us about a positive experience they had while seeking repairs?

Garrett was good to me. It's been a long time ago when the AT Pro was a new release, but they replaced my control box with a new one with no questions asked. Turn around time was less than a week. It had a sound glitch of some sort. Also, Rusty Henry of Tesoro was excellent. He tuned up my detectors and returned them at no charge. He always included a nice personalized note explaining what he found and did. They were a great company. Garrett did the same with the note just not personalized. That's the only 2 that I have used.

Had a problem with a Tesoro Golden Sabre2 and the turn around time with shipping both ways and repair was 6 days. Excellent repair and return time.

Have nothing but good to say about First Texas, also. While vacationing up in Mn with my first F 75, the detector went bonkers while hunting on an old fairgrounds. Called First Texas, talked with Felix, and explained the problem.... including the fact I was disappointed I wouldn't have the detector while on vacation. He told me to next day it to them and he would call me when he got it. He did, the next day and said it was a bad coil, which they replaced, and asked where up in Mn I wanted it shipped. I told him the resort we were at and I had it the next afternoon. HH jim tn

Here's a quick overview I've experienced first hand..... Tesoro, great... Garrett, great.. Whites, very good.... Fisher/First Texas.. very good/excellent . Minelab , good.
Now this has been over almost 30yrs in the hobby.
Mark ( ohio )

I've had similar great service... over the years.... Rusty Henry of Tesoro sent me his set up instructions for my Bandito II after service... Garrett mailed me manuals twice.... and sent me a replacement battery cover for my GTAX 550 at no cost.... Felix at First Texas repaired My Dad's dead and battered Fisher M-97.... They had it exactly 1 week... It came back fully functional and squeaky clean.... Centerville Electronics.... has had any bits or bobs I'm looking for... like the replacement meter for Pop Pop's vintage Goldmaster-TR ... if they don't have it... they know where I can get it.... All of them answered their phone.... and had a reasonable ship time.... I guess I've been pretty fortunate...​

Sent a pin pointer to Garrett. It took longer to get there than it did for them to fix it and have it back to me.

I sent two of the original pin pointers to Garrett well after warranty and both were back in a week with minimal charges and still using them. I sent an old detector to White's with instructions to send me an estimate of repairs before fixing it and the next thing I heard from them was the bill for $165 on a detector worth about $200 , Minelab gives estimates the same way.:(

I sent two of the original pin pointers to Garrett well after warranty and both were back in a week with minimal charges and still using them. I sent an old detector to White's with instructions to send me an estimate of repairs before fixing it and the next thing I heard from them was the bill for $165 on a detector worth about $200 , Minelab gives estimates the same way.:(
I had to send both Garrett pinpointers I've owned in for repairs. One of them failed twice, one failed while still under warranty. That's a pretty poor track record.
I've used a whites TRX for the last 4-5 years without a single problem. When a tool doesn't need service, that's the kind of service I like.

I had to send both Garrett pinpointers I've owned in for repairs. One of them failed twice, one failed while still under warranty. That's a pretty poor track record.
I've used a whites TRX for the last 4-5 years without a single problem. When a tool doesn't need service, that's the kind of service I like.
I have had my TRX for ten years with the same performance also.