Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good signals?

I am brand new to the Equinox. I have found a lot of items & dug a ton of both good items as well as lots of trash. My question is that with few exceptions the signals all sound good. I have a deus & it gives me scratchy signals when I go over unwanted targets with the Equinox pretty much all the targets give me a clear smooth signal. What am I missing? Please help

Check your signals by pressing the horseshoe button , this will put you into all metal mode . I have been hunting in Park 1 toggling between default setting and all metal mode. Are you running 2 tone 5 tone or 50 tone . I have not mastered my 800 , I am also still learning . 5 tones works for me. Have had my machine since Nov. of last year. By checking tones and numbers between all metal and whatever else you're running you can distinguish between iron and other metals a whole better. There is a learning curve to every machine this one is no exception. Patience and time on the machine. If you dont already have "The Equinox Series Handbook" by Andy Sabisch its a good informative book about the ins and outs of the Equinox. Hope this helps

I am brand new to the Equinox. I have found a lot of items & dug a ton of both good items as well as lots of trash. My question is that with few exceptions the signals all sound good. I have a deus & it gives me scratchy signals when I go over unwanted targets with the Equinox pretty much all the targets give me a clear smooth signal. What am I missing? Please help
No matter what make or model detector you use, you are going to recover both good targets and trash targets.

I bought my Equinox 800, very gently used, on Friday. I didn't do a Factory Default resetting of anything, but have gone through both Park 1 & 2 and Field 1 & 2 to adjust the stings as best I can for now. As I use it afield during this week I'll determine what changes I might want to make to any particular mode settings and by this time next week I should be very comfortable with he EQ-800. I know that several of the programs had some unusual, to me, user settings when I got it so I have tried to work through it and get the settings I will feel most comfortable with for the types of sites I prefer to search, I mainly relic Hunt older sites with a lot of discarded Iron Nails, or the left-behind Iron Nails from old houses and other structures that were torn-down or burned-down.

You say you get "
scratchy signals" and they occur when you sweep over "unwanted" targets. I'm not sure how you describe a 'scratchy signal' but they could be caused by two or more targets too close together; or they could because by targets close to a set rejection point and they are sputter. If 'unwanted' have you tried to reject any unwanted targets using the Notch Discrimi9nation? It can be caused by hunting too close to EMI, or hunting in a challenging mineralized round area if you haven't adjusted the Ground Balance to compensate for some 'ground noise.' Then, too, your choice of Audio Tones can make a difference based upon what the recovered targets were and their audio responses were.

Personally, I like 5-Tones most of the time, and when my primary trash is mainly Iron Nails I opt for 2-Tones. If you bought your Equinox 800 brand new and all the settings are at the default, you should here some different audio tones to help in Park 1 'default' settings. If not, or if you're unit was used and settings are scrambled around, then I suggest doing a Factory Default re-set and go through the modes while reading the on-line User Manual to make sure the device is set as design and so that you know what it is supposed to be doing.

Monte

Hi Monte, I'm just poping in here to tell you that my name is MONTE. I'm a new 800 user and so far i like it very much. I dig a lot of trash but i'm just afraid that i will miss something good, also i am wanting to see what this new machine is trying to tell me on different numbers.