Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Google Earth and My Vision

grumpy

Hello ; We are just finding this forum searching for some info; We are usually on Minelab Ex with metal detecting;
Can someone tell us if you use Google Earth (we have a garmin 60c) and put in the cordinates they dont bring up the right spot is the formats set up different and need changed to match in the Garmin?
Also we have noticed everything we try to get even close to seeing gets real fuzzy in the Google Earth free version if you pay and upgrade are the views clearer and can you focus them somehow?
Thanks much
Grumpy

You have to use the same format in the receiver and GE to match the co-ordinates. You can change the format in your receiver or in GE options. Also, make sure that the coordinates are in WGS84 datum.
Detail depends on the area. For some regions, you can get (free) couple of meters resolution and I don't think (bu I don't know) that for most regions it gets any better with paid version. If you think that you can read license plates, you are expecting too much. With best what GE offers, for well covered areas, you will see a car and maybe it's windshield but don't expect to see wipers.

When it first was available I downloaded and used the free version and was able to look at a motel where I stayed all the time. Excellent picture, very clear. Since then the same results have been absolutely downgraded. I can't make out anything any longer. In fact, in my business of being an HVAC contractor I used to use it for showing a crane company the location/positioning of a large rooftop air conditoner I was going to change but now have switched to the FREE Microsoft version called Virtual Earth that has much better details in their free version for showing the crane company. (You can usually even make out a troublesome power wire going to a building that would affect where the crane can set up to pick the unit off the building.)

I'm just guessing but they used to have better images so the pay version probably still does. Do a search on their famous search engine with the words "Google earth", "forum" and I'll bet you come up with a forum aimed just at that...

Guvner..