Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got A Couple New Permissions

Mike K (Ohio)

[size=large]Got a couple new permissions and man we need some rain! I'm surprised we found what we did. You cut a plug and it crumbles apart before you can set it down. Anyway at least Rick and I didn't strike out. Also have started cleaning some of my clad coins that were piling up and gonna buy a gold coin with them like I've done in the past. The Wheat penny is a 1920 and Barber is 1913 and the worn out seated dime is 1839. The place we were hunting was built 1850. Barber came from 1st house and seated came from second house. It was a fun day but pretty hot. Tried some New Settings towards the end of the day. Went All Metal Mode, IB 0, Recovery 6 and Was in Field 2, 5 Tone. Still swept like I would have with an explorer but for what ever reason I dug more targets in that short period than I had most of the day. I think I'm gonna try these settings for a while. It was very easy to pick up the good targets once I switched. I'm gonna have to figure out what size to make these pictures so when you click on them they at least get bigger but not so big you have to scroll around to see what's in that. I apologize for that....

Mike[/size]

BigTony said:
Very cool, those old homes have pay dirt! Congratulations!

Tony NJ

Yes They Do Getting Thinner and Thinner with more people buying detectors :) Waiting for the fields to open up....

Mike

Nice! We have had some rain and I have permission to hunt 4 older homes. The beans are also turning so it will be a couple of weeks or less and the fields will start opening up. HH Ted

Good Luck it will help finding what ever is out there :) No rain on our weather for at least a week..... :(

Mike

Pictures ... 900 pixels long on the longest side is a good starting point.

Nice finds. Would love to some day find a seated coin.

That's what the local paper and the weather channel said this morning here in NW Kentucky and at 4 this afternoon it rained and stormed.

Nice finds don’t find enough seated!
Mark

Nice finds Mike!!!.. that old silver looks good finally coming out in the light.
Looks like a nice pile of clad you have too.... that should get you a nice coin.

Thanks Felix well took the next 2 days off gonna see if I can land a couple more new permissions and do some detecting in this super dry ground. Might get some rain Sunday they are saying... Won't get here soon enough..

Mike K

Very nice job Mike I just got a huge 1700’s house my parents next door neighbor they gutting the house and the yard is huge and undetected my Dad and I will hit it this weekend so maybe we’ll hit some old coins!
Mark

Mkus said:
Very nice job Mike I just got a huge 1700’s house my parents next door neighbor they gutting the house and the yard is huge and undetected my Dad and I will hit it this weekend so maybe we’ll hit some old coins!
Mark

Well I hope know one has snuck in at night over the years to detect and you guys have a virgin hole to play in :) I'll be looking forward to seeing your finds :) It's those pictures that keeps driving me out lol :)

Mike K