Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a couple nice surprises yesterday...

fwcrawford

I finally got on board for the year yesterday with my first silver for the year.
Due to bad weather, I have only been out 3 times so far this year.
I decided to try a couple old schools where I have been finding silver at but finds are dwindling now.
The rosey did not give a signal like I am accustomed to.. read much like a penny... I realized after digging it that there was a wheat penny very close to it.
When I found the Mercury dime, I had just found a wheat penny and about a foot away, I got a good signal from one angle, but not so good from another angle...
I was not expecting silver with either one of these to finds.
Thanks for looking!!

IMG_0417.JPG

Congratulations Felix!! Since you weren’t expecting silver, send them to me 🤭

I finally got on board for the year yesterday with my first silver for the year.
I decided to try a couple old schools where I have been finding silver at but finds are dwindling now.
The rosey did not give a signal like I am accustomed to.. read much like a penny... I realized after digging it that there was a wheat penny very close to it.
When I found the Mercury dime, I had just found a wheat penny and about a foot away, I got a good signal from one angle, but not so good from another angle...
Thanks for looking!!

View attachment 23362
Nice
Live those Mercs.
Congratulations

Thanks for looking!!

View attachment 23362
Silver under your belt in spring Is a good feeling, congratulations

If some of you guys can list that tid number being new with the equinox... as I am seeing a lot of jumpyness with these numbers... is 13 /nickel the only real stable reading?

If some of you guys can list that tid number being new with the equinox... as I am seeing a lot of jumpyness with these numbers... is 13 /nickel the only real stable reading?
What I have discovered: a TID of 13 are mainly Jefferson nickels
12 are Buffalo
11 V-nickels
10 shield nickels
And regardless of what you may read out there, IF you are looking for nickels, 10-13 is the nickel window.
Also silver “war”’nickels vary in TID, I found one with a TID of 17 and one at 19.

Last edited:
Clad dimes and copper pennies tend to overlap for me… 25-26 could be either one.
Zinc pennies read 20, but as they deteriorate they will read 16-20
IH cents can very too I have found… similar to zinc pennies.
I already mentioned the nickels in your other post, but Jim’s post can give you more detail about them.
New dollar coins read like a quarter.. 30.
About those jumpy numbers… when you get over a target, try to narrow your swing to stay right over top of it while checking it… that helps me a lot.

Clad dimes and copper pennies tend to overlap for me… 25-26 could be either one.
Zinc pennies read 20, but as they deteriorate they will read 16-20
IH cents can very too I have found… similar to zinc pennies.
I already mentioned the nickels in your other post, but Jim’s post can give you more detail about them.
New dollar coins read like a quarter.. 30.
About those jumpy numbers… when you get over a target, try to narrow your swing to stay right over top of it while checking it… that helps me a lot.
Ok narrow sweep when over target thx...