Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a problem with explorist 210

copperhead

I can not get it to accept the topo maps. I constantly get a message that the the COM1 port does not recognize the gps. Any help out there?

I'm poking in the dark here (I don't have Explorist) but;
some receivers will not accept downloads if NMEA out is ON so; check the receiver menu and if there is an option to turn NMEA to OFF, do it and try again.

HTH

NMEA is off and still will not upload. I think I have a computer issue instead of a gps issue. Thank you for your response.

Me Too
I cannot get any kind of Detailed maps at all,I plotted way point and communication with computer,or lack of put me off the coast of Somalia.On the computer screen map from discs I can only find a dot for Dallas and one for Kansas city,and Me in the barren waste in between.
Also my first 2 way points,front and back porch show a distance of 500 yards,but the elevation 877 was close.
Somebody send a rescue team the nearest water on map is over 1000 miles.
Any advice?
Thanks and happy hunting,Mont

You need to have detailed maps loaded to the receiver to see... detail. Base maps that the receivers normally are preloaded with are not very detailed nor accurate.

As for the distance from the back to the front porch, you may want to read this post:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?16,415017,415374#msg-415374

Also, keep in mind that when receiver does not have clear view of the sky and if you are close to structures that reflect GPS signal, the accuracy may be severely affected.