Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got another Tesoro coming...

jbow

I bought a near mint INCA a couple of days ago. Told the seller to wait until after Christmas to send it, I don't want it caught up in that rush...

This will be interesting!!

Julien

I had a Mayan several years back . It was made around the same time as the Inca .It was a great machine ,it could probably wipe out most of the newer machines I have now . Sometimes I still regret selling it . I think you are really going to be surprised with your Inca .

Seems I have heard jbow say "Got another Tesoro coming" before, but I could be wrong :poke:. Just teasing ya jbow. Merry Christmas my friend. Steve.

Yeah J, I know what you mean about CDO. I have it too and it will cause you to have so many Tesoros (and others) that you won't be able to find time to use them all. We got-em, when it's their time to hit the dirt though, and that's what sorta drives the CDO. I think you will really enjoy the Inca , when you manage to squeeze in the time on it. Back when it was all I had I wore the pain't and decals slam off mine, so it ain't so pretty now. It is good to go now anytime after a trip "home" for a tuneup. Check out the Depth Meter on it first few trips. Mine lied to me. Inca will dig at least an inch deeper than the meter tells ya, butt that's no big deal.I think the depth will surprize you too, cause it is a bit of a root hog.The Inca "road test" is in the May, 84 issue of Western & Eastern Treasures if you can find one. HH Charlie

YES... and you know I have not even had a chance to try the Compadre out yet... I hope I will tomorrow. It is supossed to be nice and I am sort of caught up on chores and grandkids...

:tesoro: :twodetecting:

Julien

I hope so!

Julien

n/t

Julien,
After playing with the Compadre for a while, if you feel adventurous, try the power balancing routine and try turning the sensitivity up some.

Power balancing was discussed recently in this forum or you can search all dates (or is it all posts) for author Monte and words power balancing or power balance and find several of the discussions.

Some of the sensitivity discussions (as well as where to find the pots for the v4 circuit card) are in the thread this message is in:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,875409,907875#msg-907875

I found that the Compadre, power balanced to your average conditions and with sensitivity turned up to be just a little chatty, is a rather surprising performer.
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks, I will check it out. I already have the pics of the pots and am considering the addition of an external GB pot. I'll just set the sens medium high and leave it. I notice that the depth falls off a LOT if you turn the disc up on it.

J