Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got Lucky Again

mdsteve

It's not often that I swing my coil over gold but it has happened twice this year, you could say I'm on a roll....smiles. I took my simplex out to our local high school and spent about 90 minutes digging up coins and can slaw. At about the one hour mark I had a solid 34 on the VDI and was skeptical at first but when I saw the VDI never changed, I thought it could be a decent target. It turned out to be a very nice 10k 5R white gold band.
I'm not sure what the 5R means but I assume it's s jewelers mark of some kind perhaps the manufacturer? It was only about 2 or so under the surface and I was actually able to pop it out with my 4 inch screwdriver that I use when probing for coins. I sure am happy to see gold again this year, I just wish someday that I will find a gold ring that will fit me....smiles.

P.S. This was found Monday the 2nd (@ 6:45pm)

Attachments

• 20231002_190328[1].jpg
    20231002_190328[1].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 20231002_195414[1].jpg
    20231002_195414[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
Nice find my buddy and I both got gold sunday in the woods of all places and silver been a great year
Mark

Very nice find!👍👍
When you least expect it, that is when gold usually shows up.. at least for me it seems like it.
When I first saw the photo of the ring laying on top of the ground, I thought that is how you found it…. Nice easy find!!🤣😂

The jeweler told me that the diamond are real and the ring has a retail MSRP of 875.00. In today's economy the ring might bring 225 if your lucky. Who knows?
I'm just happy to have found it. I wonder if I could find the owner?

The jeweler told me that the diamond are real and the ring has a retail MSRP of 875.00. In today's economy the ring might bring 225 if your lucky. Who knows?
I'm just happy to have found it. I wonder if I could find the owner?
I’m not surprised that it was valued that high.
Now just finding someone to give you that much is the problem…🤣😂
I’ve taken some in to see what can get just out of fun and they offered only a fraction of melt value…
I still have all my gold items!!🤣😂