Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my 800 today.

7centsworth

Man is there a lot of settings. I think I’m really going to like the detector after I get used to it. But I don’t like the way it makes a tone on a object on the edges and the middle of coil. It makes three different sounds on one pass of a coin. I also have a question. Is there a coin I’d chart for the 800. Thanks

That makes sense. I never thought about that. Thanks. The new machine is just a little overwhelming but I’ll get it. I’m going to take a vacation day this week or next week and do some civil war hunting. Hopefully I’ll find some goodies.

Congrat's on the arrival of the Nox 800 7cents. We look forward to seeing some posted pic's of some great CW finds. Best of luck to you.

Sure thing. I think for civil war hunting you'll really like it, does well in the iron and even better with the new update.

Well my buddy just got his 800 today I helped him setup with my settings and he did unbelievable two mercs a silver Washington then this walker it’s a great machine put your time in and you will do well this his first time using a nox!
A50F89AF-127F-42A4-9B95-C884A72A7301.png

Congrats - take your time. Just use and read about one mode at a time. Then when you feel like you know the default settings, change one thing. Keep notes, it's all part of the journey and will make more sense after you have some hours logged on the machine. And enjoy it!

update: When you hear three of the same tones when you sweep, the target is always on or very near the surface.

Last edited:
Yes, the edges of a DD coil are less sensitive than the middle where the “D’s” overlap, but they are slightly sensitive nonetheless. This anomaly can be used to quickly determine if a coin sized target is very shallow, so it actually winds up being a “tool” of sorts. Lifting the coil a few inches and then swinging over the target will allow you to locate those surface/shallow coins more easily. Congrats on the new toy, spend ALOT of time with it.

Man is there a lot of settings. I think I’m really going to like the detector after I get used to it. But I don’t like the way it makes a tone on a object on the edges and the middle of coil. It makes three different sounds on one pass of a coin. I also have a question. Is there a coin I’d chart for the 800. Thanks
You’ve been around a while , I’m sure you can handle it. It will work right out of the box.
if you get lost you have two options.
A complete reboot.
or just hold the mode button down in the surch mode your in and it will reboot the mode only.
To high of recovery rate will lower depth.
and I also noticed the same on Ef and F2. If two high.
just take your time and play with it and watch videos.
Doug

Congratulations! Best of luck to you!!

You will be surprised just how well the Equinox works in it's factory preset modes
I would use them & get use to them before you go changing all the setting

Thanks. I plan on taking a vacation day next week and detecting all day. It has been raining here for several days and it is super middy. So ha e just been playing with it in the house.

Here are some id charts I had downloaded from somewhere on the web. You will enjoy that 800. I’m still learning mine & enjoying it.
697A7955-A3B3-44A4-9B75-8E971022B869.jpeg
C341943F-597F-4C72-BD79-25BE14717F64.jpeg

And it's a good idea to make your own chart if you can round up some of the items you want to find. So much variation in location, soils, EMI, on and on...