Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my best find yesterday, not a ring or a coin but:

OhioMike

A Tesoro Stingray:clapping: Picked it up off of Craigslist yesterday for 50 Bucks. Couldn't believe it. The guy was selling this and a ton of scuba gear that belonged to his father. It's in nice clean shape and seems to work fine. I'll probably still send it in for a calibration since it's an older unit. Now I just have to get myself a sand scoop and start finding the water goodies.
HH, Mike

WOW. Those type finds are very few.:clapping:

Nice deal.:thumbup:

cool find but why send it in if it works fine?

wltdwiz, I mainly want to make sure that it's waterproofing is still good before I hit the water. And at the price I paid for it I don't mind a checkup fee at all.
Mike

That's a whole lot better than finding most gold rings and silver coins. Way to go!:cheers:

tabman

Thanks guys. Yep Tabman, better than a gold ring and hopefully it will be finding me some gold. Any recommendations on a good scoop for fresh water hunting? This is going to be a whole new type of hunting for me.
Mike

What a deal I just purchased one a couple a months ago off c list for 275.00.The one I got had just been overhauled by Tesoro weeks before I bought it.I got all the paper work from Tesero.The only problem is no time to use it yet.Let us know how it does for youHH

Always a good idea to get a factory check up on an older water machine. Especially when you pick one up at that price! Wow, what a deal! Nice find!!

that looks like a nice unite, I never knew they even existed

Mike:
I would pull the battery and add some silicone to the gasket/ replace and do the bath tube sub test. If no bubbles are seen it's good to go and you can use your saved $50 bucks for a scoop. I have a Stingray 2 and
have been doing well with it for the past 2 seasons.
HH
Percy

Nice find!

I use an RTG scoop. The aluminum one with the stainless steel tip. They're $135 but worth every penny. I really like mine. There are some other good scoops out there too, but unfortunately you have to spend a little $ to get one that will last.

I've always wanted to get a TigerShark but wasn't sure I'd water hunt enough to justify the cost. So I'm pumped to have found the Stingray at the price I did. Funny thing is the past couple of weeks I've been thinking about how sweet a Tesoro water unit would be too!
Mike