Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got My Skullies also from OBN and they are Great.

[size=large][/size]Got my Skullies and man they are something else, I'm hard of hearing and wear two hearing aids, but when i detect i have to take them off because the go behind my ears and they squell, so i can just about hear water detecting, i have a pair of greyghost now and they are Great headphones but my hearing is getting worse, so i talked to Joe and asked him if he could makeup a set of his skullies for me, well let me tell ya, i put them as soon as i got them and with my hearing aids still on but not on my head i tried them out so i ran a 10k ring over my coil and nice and loud, so i said well let me take my aids off and try them on and man them gel ear muffs are great they are so soft, well i ran the ring over the coil again and man that was the loudest i ever heard a signal from my excal, so now when the weather is right i've got to try them when i'm water hunting, because i think i was missing a lot of signals, but i won't no more with these Skullies, Thanks Joe for such a great Job and wish you all could have a pair of these. HH

They look great Harold and from the pics Ive seen both Joe and Mel seem to be very talented at these kind of mods. I know longer own an Excal but can say the peltors are great at sound blocking and comfort, I use them when doing generator testing and when working in the boileroom at the hospital I work in.

I'm so happy with quality of comfort and sound with mine that I'm going to put them on my DFPI and see what happens.

Harold, they look great and I'm glad that the Skullies can help you hear the treasure better.....I took a set out this morning to test a machine I just finished, they hurt my ears they are so loud, so I think the next round needs some water proof...volume adjustment.........:thumbup::

Did you have any issues putting them on....thanks joe

I got mine last week and ill tell ya they fit nice very comfie plenty or room over my ears and soft the sound is great !!! i can hear the slightest wispers now i couldnt ask for better. Great job Joe. PS i got my Rons 180 meter day numbers very easy to see looks well built i can take the XS-2 meter off now, another great job and build :detecting: GL Harold . Jim

Im setting here waiting on the FedEx guy for the Blue i just bought. Once it shows up ..... im heading for the garage to put on the ones i just received. Im hoping i have enought time to hit the beach. Check these babies out..... Ive used a lot of headphones but these puppies are as confee and it gets. The cable is heavier than the Yellows and they appear to be a simple add on. You may not need a volume control on the DF with that internal control adjustment. Do you think the volume control on the machine if adjust down will affect the depth Joe or why add something not needed? These are fantastic looking and feeling headphones. Ill be able to tell more in the water.plus i want to air test some targets between the Xcal II and the Blue.

Dew

[size=large][/size]That would be something Joe, they sound great now, can you imagine if they have volume switches on them and waterproof too WOW, i can't thank you enough Joe, and like Dew con said he can't wait me either, right now we got rain and wind so the water is a little rough but when this goes away look out. HH

[size=large][/size]thank you and you too they are something. HH

harold..... small recommendation. zip tie off the cable just below the black cap on the main pod. The cables are heavier on these and pulling and the weight could cause a short down the line. Ive got a longer shaft and have mine tied off on the shaft. I also zip tie the battery and coil cables together a couple of inches from the pod.

Dew

[size=large][/size]Thank you Dew for the heads up on that, i'll give that a try.HH:thumbup: