Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my wings today, kinda!!

Ronstar

After reading Elmy’s post about park hunters and nickels, I headed back to the infernal intramural fields. I wanted to hunt a short bit and dig any signal strong, any signal in the nickel or foil range and of course dimes and quarters. I started out on a large patch of grass that was excavated about five years ago when they laid a new water line through the area. Almost immediately I hit a coin spill showing about 3” deep. Signals mostly nickel and zinc so down I go. Four nickels, two dimes, one quarter and no zincolns, all clad.

So on I go digging pulltabs and drink foils mostly. I get this one low dime number hitting pretty good so figured probably a memorial at 5” deep. Cut the plug and felt the shovel “touch” something solid. Grab trowel and carefully dig around object which was slightly off center to plug. At first I swear I saw shiny silver so now more careful to get all the way around it.

First part of object looked to have a definite wing pattern to it but no longer see shiny silver. Looks more copperish. Reach in and pull it up and out, definitely a set of wings!! Use the old blue jeans to polish off the dirt and begin to see letters D...O...D...G...E
What? Rub harder and the letters “BROTHERS” show up!!!!! Part of it was broken off and not in the hole.
I know they brought in backfill when they refilled the excavation so that could be leveled up and now I wonder where it came from and what else was near it. Soooo, being a Dodge guy I kinda got my wings today!!

Attachments

• 5C66F5BB-6E2A-4528-8588-EF5208C640B7.jpeg
    5C66F5BB-6E2A-4528-8588-EF5208C640B7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • 36B33EC6-501E-424C-BBAE-9AC7A129554F.jpeg
    36B33EC6-501E-424C-BBAE-9AC7A129554F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 121
Found what I think it was!

Attachments

• F43FBBCC-E797-4DE2-9554-B0649637D2A3.png
    F43FBBCC-E797-4DE2-9554-B0649637D2A3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Found what I think it was!
Oh, I see how it is now, Ronstar, you post the nice stuff here and twisted chunks of rusted wire on the Whazit? :p

Kinda thought that was what that was for...... but yeah, good stuff one place and the I have no idea what this is on the other side 😛

Prevailing theory is the rig got damaged and the broken piece removed. There was a shanty town type housing torn down in the late 40s or early 50s so maybe left in the house. Pretty sure the car wash was the kids.......