Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

got out b4 the rain and cold

yazoo

Got out yesterday for about a hour. Was not having much luck in a lawn I had hunted several times. Then I got a good hit then it would garble up with iron or something. Finally what the heck I decided to dig it.Well first time down about the 5 inch mark with my digging ,and out comes a 2 inch piece of barb wire. I scan the hole still a iron and good sound coming though. I search,about another inch down another piece of barb wire a little deeper.Get to thinking I must be on a bunch of barb wire. Check the hole 1 more time with the coil, a good sound again.I shove the trowel down and scoop another couple scoops of dirt and I see the coin in the scoop of dirt, I see one cent showing though barely. I'm thinking yeah my first large cent. Well I clean off a little more dirt see 1910 well its not a American , Turns out to be Canadian. I will still keep it scratched and all. Made my Day. H.H. Yazoo

Somebody lost their silver 'keep-sake'. (Little hole in the coin?)

I wonder what the year 1910 meant to them?

Well done Yaz.....you deserved that one for your persistence.

A few more 100 year old silvers will see you nicely through to Spring 2011.

The weather today here, has closed down my hunting for a while.......TheMarshall

[attachment 181044 November2010Snow.jpg]

Cool find Mike.....................congrats, That's an unusual find for this neck of the woods. I think I may be done for the year, but guess it depends on the weather. I don't do cold. Brrrr......

That's a nice keeper Mike.

Nice (large cent) buddy. Dont worry, finding a large cent is just around the corner for you. :detecting:

I have snow today Mike. Brrrrrrrr. Rob

Thanks for checking it out everyone.Marshall the big penny is copper, my picture taking skills are not so good or it's my camera.Thanks. Yazoo

Yazoo WTG, You got a old spot??? Did you Kiss that coin with your shovel??????? Mickfin

Nice old coin!
Congrats!:thumbup:
Aaron