Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out hunting with Stick and a Pie pan

Elmy

Got out with Stick and a Pie Pan for a few hunts.
Testing some patterns and settings.

Here are some coins from some well hunted...ain't nothing there spots....
Notice the nickels.... HIT HARD using the grey area discriminating and my search mode setup.
These places have been hunted by all kinds of detectors and a lot of coin hunters for years and years.

(Note)...wheat cents found not included in the pics.

20200809_145229.jpg

I see some nice finds from that "Hunted Out"? Spot/ Good Job in sniffing them out.

I see some nice finds from that "Hunted Out"? Spot/ Good Job in sniffing them out.
Thanks George...we are just testing and trying out some stuff in places we know have been hit hard just to see if we can pull a coin or two.

Nice looking coins Elmy! Seeing that sharp barber dime makes me want to take the day off and go hunting instead.
Good looking nickels also..
Is 'Stick and a pie pan' someone's nickname or a user name ?
Dave

Nice looking coins Elmy! Seeing that sharp barber dime makes me want to take the day off and go hunting instead.
Dave
He is now a member on here... Bought an etrac from me. User name. The barber was 10 inches deep and it got a little nick from the digger...really dry dirt and hard digging !
Thanks for looking !

Dave
The nickels were rusty red and had dark stains but into the vinegar and salt they went and came out looking like that !

Those nickles look great Elmy! I have over 40 years of them laying around. I may just try that vinegar and salt trick...

Those nickles look great Elmy! I have over 40 years of them laying around. I may just try that vinegar and salt trick...
oh yes...give it a go....use a tumbler if possible....do about a dozen or so at first and rinse extremely well and wipe to get all the vinegar/salt solution off and let me and all know how they come out.

A little bit of gravel too? I do have a small tumbler.
yes...perfect....fill the tumbler container 1/3 full of aquarium gravel, pea gravel or similar...throw a dozen nickels on top of the gravel...add a tablespoon of table salt or a little more if you want and pour just enough of white vinegar to just cover the coins...about a 1/4 over the gravel or so....don't have to be exactly perfect....slap the lid on and turn on the tumbler for about a half hour or so...again you don't have to be exact....when I get ready to rinse , I simply put a garden hose into the tumbler container and turn on the water just enough to make the gravel move around in the bottom and let the vinegar/salt solution overflow the container for a few minutes and moving the hose around the tumbler really cleans it out nicely. No mess ...the nickels now need to be dried with a soft towel or rag to remove all the vinegar from them....post a pic when you do it for all to see your cleaned nickels.....maybe a before and after pic ? I have done this for over 40 years....no problems .

E L M Y