Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got out today with ....

Cajuncoinhunter

an old hunting buddy Yoda and a REP from one of the major metal detecting manufacturing companies. We got out for a few hours in LA. Put fresh batteries in the detector and got after it. Beautiful day and some good CW finds. Various bullets, Gardner, sharps, burnside. Gun parts, barrel band, trigger guard. Old seal button. rivets , round ball, schenkel frags, old knife part etc. Good to get out in the nice temps. Thanks. CCH

Well dang. Nice finds buddy. Glad to see you got after it. Now I need to get healthy & get after it also. HH

Very nice CW artifacts and Saved History. We have had our plates filled here in 5he last month or so, but I hope to be at it soon. Congrat's on a nice assortment of relics.

Cajuncoinhunter,

Got a couple questions that I'm hoping you can help with. Are you hunting a red-clay like environment?
Do you hunt cultivated fields and if so, what kind of depth are you seeing bullets at? Does the depth of bullets depend
on whether you're hunting across the top of a low hill or in a lower area near a water crossing (soil density)? I'm asking because
I'm back to relic hunting after a few year hiatus. I gave up the first time because I couldn't find a site, even though
I had hunted over a dozen possibilities. I have another possibility and want to make sure I know as much as possible
what I should be looking for. I have a site near an original road, along a known troop route, near water and a gentle slope.

Yes... im hunting in red clay but it has some sand mixed in from the nearby river. I usually find bullets pretty often at about 8-9" in non-cultivated fields. Hunting in a non-cultivated field (with rows and soybean stalks present) can be challenging. Thats why i walk perpendicular across and over the existing rows, making sure i swing low and slow; especially down in between each row. Hunting in sugar cane fields is the hardest challenge since the rows are much higher and the stalks are larger. Its tough. Its my opinion that i always get a little more depth in moist soil. For me, camp sites are usually found near some source of water for obvious reasons. There are lots of history books with old maps that are easy recognizable on today's maps; especially with the aid of google maps.
Good luck. CCH

What were you swinging buddy? Minelab?

Fisher F 75 All metal mode.

Cajuncoinhunter said:
Fisher F 75 All metal mode.
That's what my buddy uses. One that's never been updated. He's been through them all & says it's deeper.

Good day fo sure. I could use a day like that. Been real slow here for a while. Nice to hear you and Yoda got out togatrher again. Always liked you two guys on you tube. Good memories. :clapping:

Thanks for the kind comment Bill. Appreciate it.

CCH