Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got Silver fix today...925

tomtowns

No Silver coins but did pick up a ladies silver band...came in at 00-31..my 3rd ring with the SE & the only KEEPER so far...TT

Nothing wrong with that... you did way better than me.... 43 cents & no silver in about 3 hours. Tried new detector, new sniper coil, new headphones, new pinpointers, new probe, new digging tool and new plug popper. At this rate, I wonder if all this new gear is worth it.... and there was nothing wrong with the old gear.
Sometimes I try and better this hobby, not looking like it. Go figure...

Nice one Tom. three inches of snow on the ground here, ground froze solid.

Great going TomTowns! That is Odd! 31 on digital usually is Iron of some sort but I see that there wasn't any Ferrous Content in your listing so you got lucky on that Ring. Must have been next to something else to make it read that high. Usually they should read around 27 or 28 for Conduct. See, you never know what Rings and Coins are going to read and it just keeps you guessing and getting pleasant suprise's once in a while. Good Luck and HH on next outing!:thumbup:

It's the first silver I've gotten in about 4 weeks...One of the problems around here is GROWTH...Many places that were once RURAL are now part of the greater metropolitan area of Sacramento....The old state fair grounds for example was completely graded & Now is part of the grounds of the University Medical Center & oldtown Sacramento Is actually built on TOP of the original old town by about 20 ft.... Three Star Raceway is now part of by-pass I-80 & an old amusement park that used to be next to a park on historic route 40 is now under an alchohol & drug recovery hospital...I do have one place I really want to check out but it's in the Sierras & it also is frozen...I found it on a map site & there are no longer buildings there & haven't been since I can remember but the map shows about 20 houses, a Saloon, store & Hotel.. I'm pretty sure it got burnt down as it's in an area that frequently catches fire...One good thing about winter...it gives you a chance to do a little research...TT

Hi James...Yes I thought it was odd too..The ground is a little damp & Zinc pennies have been reading 03-28...I must have dug a dozen of them today, thinking they were dimes...go figure...TT

I have never found a Zinc Cent read 28 before. Could be the ground conditions or something else. At least you dug the items and one turned out to be a Silver Ring.

Yes, it's something but I don't know what...I checked with DirtRob & he was having the same results...I'm not sure if he was useing the 250 or Exp. I just found out he only lives about a mile away...TT

Down here in FL my clad quarters on the EX2 regularly come in anywhere from 00-03 to 27-29 and yesterday I pulled one that read 04-27