Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got to the beach for 3 hours today.

SNOWY

Got to the beach for about three hours today, with my SE, and my mighty Sunray X12...

A lot of black sand about mixed with numerous of "hot" pebbles, this stirred things a bit and caused a chirpy erratic threshold.
Dropping my sensitivity made no difference but changing to semi-auto sensitivity ___ smoothed things out nicely...

Had a great time ~ with my wife detecting with me as well!

I scored 9 coins for $7.41, ( a junk ring that stirred me at first! )
And a heap of extras... Keys, old watch etc.

Had a great time...:twodetecting:

Junkring1.jpg

Junkring2.jpg

Thanks &

[Quote} "Dropping my sensitivity made no difference but changing to semi-auto sensitivity ___ smoothed things out nicely..."

That's a good one to keep in mind since I have always used manual sensitivity - thanks for the thought. Will have to try and remember that one for when the situation arises.

Sure wish I could get a couple hours in but lately when I have the time it's raining. That ring would have given me a jump start also.

HH :thumbup:

n/t

Sure handy that folks drop those larger demonination coins there! Sounds like a nice outing.

Have you tried droppping gain instead of sensitivity? (Hmmm... should experiment with that with a question I just asked--wonder if it works on land and electrical interference.) CharlesNY suggests trying dropping the gain some before sensitivity. See his "Beach tip" at http://www.treasuregizmo.com/settings.htm. I also recently read something similar elsewhere that had a more technical explanation but, IIRC, came down to losing more depth with dropping sensitivity than with gain. (Not having been out to the beach yet with the Explorer, I sure don't have a clue in actuality. :) )

Just tested it and that doesn't seem to work when it comes to electrical interference.

[quote tab-nabit][Quote} "Dropping my sensitivity made no difference but changing to semi-auto sensitivity ___ smoothed things out nicely..."

That's a good one to keep in mind since I have always used manual sensitivity - thanks for the thought. Will have to try and remember that one for when the situation arises.

Sure wish I could get a couple hours in but lately when I have the time it's raining. That ring would have given me a jump start also.

HH :thumbup:[/quote]
Thanks for the reply Tab-nabit,
yep semi-auto seemed to be the answer !
No doubt your weather will turn around soon, and I'll be belly aching about mine eh!:biggrin:

Yep Elton, a ring is a ring :smoke:!!!

This is what it's all about ~ we just don't know what's going to turn up next...:jump:

Yes BlackX, our $1 and $2 coins raise the dollar level of our hunts very quickly; we are indeed fortunate !

You said it ~ we had a great day together.

And I will look at the gain level next time I have this problem, and thanks for the hint ! :)

You know Bryce detecting is something we really enjoy doing together.
Merle has her Tesoro Cibola that she loves, she has no use for TID machines...

She'd rather be digging targets than trying to read a screen.

I remember once as I was "tuning" and tweaking my Explorer XS at an old home site ~ Merle was pocketing keepers!:detecting:

hammock.gif

We often hang out together detecting ~ quality time for sure!:twodetecting:

http://usetheminelabexplorerlikeapro.blogspot.com/2005/07/gain-experiments-at-beach-charlesny.html

(Something from CharlesNY so it wouldn't surprise me if it came from here originally but I couldn't find it when I searched for a phrase from it.)

Thanks for that Rich!:biggrin:
I've copied and printed the post; and now have a hard copy in my "Explorer files."

Much appreciated indeed...

Always learning huh!:thumbup: