Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPS battery life question

hawgdawg

I just recently bought a GPS unit from a member here. Got a great deal, no complaints with the transaction at all. This is only the 2nd handheld GPS I've owned. This newest one is an Explorists 310. It's got more functions than I really need, and my other one, is way smarter than I am. But my question here is , the battery life on these things just basically , suck. I put new batteries in the 310 , and turned it on to let it track my ride to work, checking mileage, route, speed , etc. I'm guessing in about 3 hours , the batteries were dead , wanting itself to power down because of low battery life. So if you're out for the day using this thing, and trying to use it for backtracking , or whatever , is this power consumption normal , do you really have to carry 2-3 extra sets of batteries for a full days usage. I tried to use my other one once out on my boat to track my route because I was out in the ICW, hitting all kinds of coves and marshes, and the battery life on that one was terrible as well. Is this normal ?