Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gps ??

ralphiejc

I own the 3 Explorers,XS,II + SE and am thinking of the CTX..I just beach/shallow water hunt and have no use for the GPS nor the wireless headphones for that matter.My question is,do many of you use the GPS feature on the 3030 ? I would think anyone artifact hunting in wooded areas would already own + use a portable GPS and I dont see a need for a beach hunter.Plus it adds to lost time switching in and out of programs and increases the price of the machine...Thanx,Ralph

The GPS is extremely valuable if you actually use it. It has shown me hot spots that need to hunted harder. It has shown me patterns to follow that aren't obvious otherwise. It allows me to put in my own points if I am trying to focus on specific points. It means I don't have to worry about another piece of equipment, carrying and feeding with more batteries. there is no time needed to "switch in and out of programs" and it really adds very little to the price of the machine. Every cell phone made today has a GPS, but do we complain about it adding to the cost?

the GPS is a great feature for me and others, but it is NOT the reason to buy a CTX. It's performance is why you should buy one.

ralphiejc said:
I own the 3 Explorers,XS,II + SE and am thinking of the CTX..I just beach/shallow water hunt and have no use for the GPS nor the wireless headphones for that matter.My question is,do many of you use the GPS feature on the 3030 ? I would think anyone artifact hunting in wooded areas would already own + use a portable GPS and I dont see a need for a beach hunter.Plus it adds to lost time switching in and out of programs and increases the price of the machine...Thanx,Ralph

Sounds to me like you have already self analyzed many good reasons to not buy the CTX.
Those are very good machines you have there and if I am correct in saying that all 3 operate
about the same. No need to learn anything new. Why would you even be considering the CTX?

To answer your question and concerns:

Yes, I use my GPS. For all the obvious reasons + I don't have to carry/fool with a separate device. Tagging targets and loading them into Exchange2 is much easier than hand entering them. And when I do that, I often find that the trend I thought I was seeing as I hunted wasn't oriented the way I thought it was. I find Exchange2 to be very helpful in the next hunt.

Does it increase the price? Who knows. The price I paid for the CTX is for the features that really matter to me: discrimination and processor speed. Only you can decide if the increase is worth it to you (and i don't know enough to compare to your machines). To me, hands down, I want to have the best general purpose/all around machine that I can afford and handle. Some folks (really) get by fine with an Ace250 or F2 and I say More Power To 'em. This is all about fun and what that is varies from person to person.

Beach hunting: o heck yeah I use it there. Sure, I mostly follow structure like everyone else, but as I always turn on my GPS when I fire up the machine, I usually refer to it at the end of a beach run to see if theres any glaring areas I haven't covered to my satisfaction (there always are).

Lost time switching programs? Huh? That takes maybe 2 seconds, tops. Or do I misunderstand your sentence?