Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPSMap60cs - technical problem

Gord (Tecumseh)

I formerly used the Map60 while travelling through Canada and the eastern and midwest U.S.in my car using the lighter socket for power. Never really had a problem other than the occasional off track excursion down a dark closed road. :surrender:
Most recently, I have been using it to track mileage and routes for walks through our local neighbourhoods as well as bike rides. All of a sudden, while walking and even in the car, the gps will shut down without prompting. It has happened in the car while hooked up to the lighter socket and while walking and using new batteries (AA alkyline batteries)

Anyone have that problem and does anyone have any suggestions to cure this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

One of the battery contacts (negative) had weakened and after an attempt to adjust the contact, it broke at the bend on the top of the contact. Not sure how it managed to get so thin that it broke but apparently, it was so weak that a current would not go through it strongly enough to power the gps. It appears that Garmin no longer services the gps map60 so after talking to an electronic repairman, I am attempting to McGiver a connection that will make the gps operable. Here's hoping it works.