Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPX 4500 Minelab

skywalker

I just bought a Minelab GPX Detector. what do you all think of Detech coils:minelab:
new to this forum, its been years ago
Thanks
skywalker

Welcome to the forum.

I have 2 Detech coils the 15" Ultimate Spiral DD and the SEF 18 X 15 and use them quite a bit. The 15" Ultimate Spiral DD is very deep and sensitive. I've dug several bullets at 18 plus inches, I use it to clean up already worked sites. It's also very heavy though, requires a hip stick if you're detecting more than a few hours. I buried some nickels in a field we hunt one time at 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20 inches. The 11" DD commander coil could get the 16" but it was tough. The 15" Ultimate Spiral DD was getting it at 20" and could probably go 22". Wish I had the SEF coil there that day to test as well. maybe another time.

The SEF coil has great ground coverage but, in my soil the Commander DD 12 X 15 is deeper. Could be my settings, but with moderate mineralization and some alkali in soil the 12 X 15 DD just seems to punch deeper. The SEF coil is great if you are trying to cover ground, if you find a good productive area you can always go back and go over it with another coil. IMO I would probable stay away from it on wet salt beaches or mineralized soils like you find in Culpeper.

My favorite coil to swing right now is the Commander 12 X 15 DD because it gets good coverage, it fairly deep and isn't too heavy. The combination of those things just makes it a good everyday coil.

Best of luck
Andrew

Thank you Andrew for the
warm welcome and great info this is my first big pulse machine and any info is welcome

Thanks
Norm:thumbup:

Have you considered the Nugget Finder Evolution Mono's. I have the 12" and the 15" and are lighter than the Detech. Very sensitive and punch deep. Worth considering.

Smigo said:
Have you considered the Nugget Finder Evolution Mono's. I have the 12" and the 15" and are lighter than the Detech. Very sensitive and punch deep. Worth considering.
I been looking at the Nugget Finder Advantage 17 x11 Mono :twodetecting:

Hi mate. Round coils punch deeper than the elipticals. I'd go the 15" NF over the 17x11 any day. Used both and the 15 round wins hands down.

I am sure the NF coils are good ones but I have questions about the material they use being a retired plumber (ABS) in the Sun on hot days and the foam ,I don't doubt they work nice
but will they last?:detecting:

That's my personal opinion only please don't take offense

Nah, no offence taken. But just so you know, where I am a typical summer heat range is from 29 to 45 degrees Celsius. They also have a pressure relief valve. Our sun exposure here is considered amongst the harshest you can get any where. I can assure you there are no issues with the Evo coils here in Australia in any of our states.
They are made to take the worst Oz can and does dish up. Iv used them for yrs with zero issues.
But you gotta get what you're happy to have so good luck with whatever you go for mate.

Smigo said:
Nah, no offence taken. But just so you know, where I am a typical summer heat range is from 29 to 45 degrees Celsius. They also have a pressure relief valve. Our sun exposure here is considered amongst the harshest you can get any where. I can assure you there are no issues with the Evo coils here in Australia in any of our states.
They are made to take the worst Oz can and does dish up. Iv used them for yrs with zero issues.
But you gotta get what you're happy to have so good luck with whatever you go for mate.

Why did you decide on ABS ? There are UV plastics out there and abs is porous material just my thought.

No, I don't make them, just use them. Here's a link with info on the construction of them.
https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au/design-features

I have just ordered up the Nugget Finder 19" Evolution Spiral which will be my first Nugget Finder coil. I have a very good collection of Mono, Double D and Anti Interference coils from Minelab, Coiltek and Detech and have always thought the Nugget Finder to be good coil judging by what users in Australia say. It will be interesting to see how it compares in the field over here in the UK.

Good Luck Hunting:clapping:

:minelab: 15 x12 DD and 10 x 5 coils for my GPX 4500 and

Detech 15 DD and 8 inch coils I just ordered:twodetecting:

sykwalker

skywalker said:
Good Luck Hunting:clapping:

:minelab: 15 x12 DD and 10 x 5 coils for my GPX 4500 and

Detech 15 DD and 8 inch coils I just ordered:twodetecting:

sykwalker

You will be surprised at how good the Detech 15" Spiral is, a little on the heavy side though. :thumbup: