Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPX 6000

mike k.

I was going to buy a new Equinox , but local dealer advised me to wait a little while until new GPX 6000 came out , as it is a stronger heavy duty version , with better gold detecting capabilities . Anyone know what the price might be ??

I was going to buy a new Equinox , but local dealer advised me to wait a little while until new GPX 6000 came out , as it is a stronger heavy duty version , with better gold detecting capabilities . Anyone know what the price might be ??
The GPX 6000 was developed with the gold fields in mind. There is some information about it out there if you do some searches. I see some dealers are taking pre-orders with the expected price around $6,000 or so; but no official price has been released. It is a pulse induction detector. Not sure what your focus is, but if you haven't experience a pulse induction detector, it is different than the VLF type. A detector designed for the gold field will hit on very small targets. Might help find some gold chains that you would otherwise miss. Not sure what you are looking for in a beach detector.

Get one and you will not miss the smallest piece of foil, fishing swivel or hair pin on the beach! Oh and I'm sure it will find gold also, that's what it's designed for.
Sounds like my Fisher AQ

Sounds like my Fisher AQ
LOL ... the one detector I have that finds really tiny pieces of stuff on the beach is the F75LTD. The AQ does find some small stuff, but not like the F75 does; and I'm glad it doesn't. I suspect the yet to come out Impulse Gold will hit those really tiny things. With the F75LTD I had a tiny target that kept dropping out of the scoop. I carried the scoop to a flat clear area and separated by hand until I found a 1/8 in diameter sequin that it was hitting on; a little piece of plastic with one side metalized.