Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPX trip #2

soky72

Second trip out with the GPX to my "worn out" site was more successful than the first. I can still hear the local guy telling me not to waste my time as every things been found.

Nice finds. No place is hunted out if it hasn't been hunted with a GPX.

Most detectorists have no idea of the power of the GPX.......:)

GPX machines will keep finding long after all other detector's have come and gone. If the soil is hot real hot the GPX will surely shine. Just keep it GB and go slow (SLOW)

How much better is the GPX over the TDI Pro ?? i have a wide selection of coils for my TDI right upto 20'' but does a GPX go just a little deeper or substantial amount deeper,most of my larger coils that i have are GPX ones but they do work very well on the TDI.

If a mint condition GPX came along at the right price i could well be very tempted and buy one,but i still have this niggle in the back of my mind that i wont see a massive advantage.

Hey Mega
I have owned all of the TDI's and still a a TDI sl. I have also owned the GPX 4500,5000 and now own the 4800. Yes ti GPX's are stronger and do go deeper. I can't tell you how much deeper. I keep the TDI sl for the beach but the GPX is what I use for relic's in the hot Va. soil. I am also coil poor.

People really talk up the GPX for depth which it has but after having one for a year and I didn't hunt all summer, it's the machines capability to discriminate that really shines. All modern trash blows my ears off. Iron blanks and pops, lead is such a sweet sound, brass sounds high and loud but not modern trash loud. You can hunt deeper and dig less holes with the GPX!!