Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GPZ 7000 Using Same/Simiilar Housing To CTX 3030

Altamaha

Just recieved an advertisement for Minelabs new GPZ 7000 gold detector (water proof to 10 ft). looks like they are using a very similar housing to the CTX 3030. Wonder if they fixed the O-Ring seal/leakage problem? Wow, two new gold detectors since the release of the CTX 3030. I see why they haven't had time to develop/release any new updates/improvements for the CTX 3030. Makes sense though, they already have our money :)

Altamaha said:
Just recieved an advertisement for Minelabs new GPZ 7000 gold detector (water proof to 10 ft). looks like they are using a very similar housing to the CTX 3030. Wonder if they fixed the O-Ring seal/leakage problem? Wow, two new gold detectors since the release of the CTX 3030. I see why they haven't had time to develop/release any new updates/improvements for the CTX 3030. Makes sense though, they already have our money :)

Don't quote me on this but I believe it is waterproof to 3 feet not 10. Lot of similarities but the battery appears larger, the electronics housing appears slightly longer, the lower rod is different also....now, what parts may be interchangeable?

Cliff

nagov said:
Altamaha said:

Don't quote me on this but I believe it is waterproof to 3 feet not 10. Lot of similarities but the battery appears larger, the electronics housing appears slightly longer, the lower rod is different also....now, what parts may be interchangeable?

Cliff

Sorry, I had to quote you here... LOL

The literature only says the coil is waterproof to 3 feet, it never claims the controls are waterproof at all. They use the term "weather proof"

Jason in Enid said:
nagov said:
Altamaha said:

Cliff

Sorry, I had to quote you here... LOL

The literature only says the coil is waterproof to 3 feet, it never claims the controls are waterproof at all. They use the term "weather proof"

Well now, that would suck if you were vertically challenged...... :lmfao:

nagov said:
Altamaha said:

Cliff

Cliff,

Three feet is correct, thanks.

nolanation said:
Yea this one is not entirely waterproof, only weather proof. The next CTX is right around the corner I bet.

This is copied directly from the advertisement brochure -

"Entire metal detector Waterproof and submersible up to 3 feet (1 meter)"

Altamaha said:
nolanation said:
Yea this one is not entirely waterproof, only weather proof. The next CTX is right around the corner I bet.

This is copied directly from the advertisement brochure -

"Entire metal detector Waterproof and submersible up to 3 feet (1 meter)"

I think you are looking at the wrong metal detector. THIS is the brochure, and you can see in the fine print. Detector is weatherproof only.

The features listed in the Kellyco advertisement for this detector states "Entire metal detector Waterproof and submersible up to 3 feet (1 meter)," but on the Minelab page it states the coil (only), is water proof to 3 feet (1m), and that "The weatherproof design of the GPZ 7000 allows you to go detecting in rainy or wet conditions." So, it is safe to say there is some printing mistakes, and it is probably safe to assume that the specs listed on the Minelab page are the accurate specs. HH.

I don't see the " only" to which you refer relating to the coil. My take on it is twofold:

1- the coil is the limiting factor in depth.

2- the risk of ruining a $10 grand machine due to a leak is too high to allow the 10 foot depth officially.

Drjohn71a said:
I don't see the " only" to which you refer relating to the coil. My take on it is twofold:

1- the coil is the limiting factor in depth.

2- the risk of ruining a $10 grand machine due to a leak is too high to allow the 10 foot depth officially.

Why are you making assumptions when Minelab states it clearly?

Bergie said:
The features listed in the Kellyco advertisement for this detector states "Entire metal detector Waterproof and submersible up to 3 feet (1 meter)," but on the Minelab page it states the coil (only), is water proof to 3 feet (1m), and that "The weatherproof design of the GPZ 7000 allows you to go detecting in rainy or wet conditions." So, it is safe to say there is some printing mistakes, and it is probably safe to assume that the specs listed on the Minelab page are the accurate specs. HH.

Thanks Bergie,

Just saw that too, the difference between what is stated in the Kellyco Ad and Minelabs brochure. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

The good thing I see about this is that the battery packs between the two are interchangable. Steve H says he has a backup CTX battery pack that works on the GPZ and he can get about 8 hours out of the GPZ with it. The GPZ battery pack is suppose to be more powerful...which might mean for us CTX guys, that it will have a longer battery life for us. Which is a bonus if you like to run with the backlight on, etc.

But it will probably cost $500.

Does anyone really think that CTX'ers are going to switch over to this machine considering its outrageous price tag?

nolanation said:

I suspect Minelab would love to go back in time and make the specs for the CTX say 'weather-proof', as well.
I hear the majority of the warranty service has been for water damaged electronics.

There are ways to make a machine truly waterproof, and that wasn't it.

mike

trojdor said:
nolanation said:

I suspect Minelab would love to go back in time and make the specs for the CTX say 'weather-proof', as well.
I hear the majority of the warranty service has been for water damaged electronics.

There are ways to make a machine truly waterproof, and that wasn't it.

mike

Notice that they don't advertsise the GPZ 7000 as being software upgradeable either. I suspect that they would also like to go back in time and change that advertisement/promise regarding the CTX!

HH

After watching the video and looking at specs, it looks like this is not a traditional VLF (FBS) or a PI, but uses a brand new technology, ZVT (Zero Voltage Transmission) , specifically for nugget hunting. They mention up to a 40% increase in depth over the GPZ series. I also noticed that they made no mention of multi-frequency, or many of the other existing CTX FBS or tracing options. I really believe this is an entirely new type of gold detector that is using the CTX housing.