Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grandson's 1st Silver

utmike

We had the grandkids for a sleep-over on Easter Sunday. On Monday, my wife had plans to take them skating as they are out of school for the week. Seizing the opportunity, I decided to do a little park hunting. My grandson came up to me and asked "Papa, can I go metal detecting with you instead?" He didn't have to ask twice! I keep a Garrett Ace 250 around that loan out for lost skis that I set up for him. ( I work in a ski town). After a little instruction we hit a local park and hunted the wood chips around the trees surrounding an older Pavillion. He got the hang of it an was soon popping zinkers and pull tabs. Towards the end, my buddy dug a 52-D Rosey. Finding a silver was a pretty big deal for him and I think we now have another detectorist in the family!

Attachments

• 20220419_185620.jpg
    20220419_185620.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 123
A big congratulations to your grandson!! He’s hooked for life 😂

We had the grandkids for a sleep-over on Easter Sunday. On Monday, my wife had plans to take them skating as they are out of school for the week. Seizing the opportunity, I decided to do a little park hunting. My grandson came up to me and asked "Papa, can I go metal detecting with you instead?" He didn't have to ask twice! I keep a Garrett Ace 250 around that loan out for lost skis that I set up for him. ( I work in a ski town). After a little instruction we hit a local park and hunted the wood chips around the trees surrounding an older Pavillion. He got the hang of it an was soon popping zinkers and pull tabs. Towards the end, my buddy dug a 52-D Rosey. Finding a silver was a pretty big deal for him and I think we now have another detectorist in the family!
Utmike--
Congratulations to your Grandson on his first silver coin find! The first of anything is always a big deal. I hope that he saves it and adds to it while hunting with you. Best of luck (to both of you) and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Great memories for sure!