Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Grantham, here are some f19 finds

tometusns

These came from several short hunts in one yard. The wheatie and 1893 Columbian exposition token I got yesterday.

Very cool! I have yet to find a merc dime and I am chomping at the bit, waiting to find one! Congrats tometusns!

That silver is a little deeper than you think, at least here in WV it is. When you start finding coins between the 6" and 9" range it is a different type hunting than the swallower finds. I've got the F5 and it also works well for silver.

still looking 52 said:
That silver is a little deeper than you think, at least here in WV it is. When you start finding coins between the 6" and 9" range it is a different type hunting than the swallower finds. I've got the F5 and it also works well for silver.

good to know, Im trying to dial in disc, v notch and volume on the f19. So....depth I'm hoping gets better with more experience!

I'm not absolutely sure about the effects of raising disc on the F19 can have on depth but personally, I use the detector in disc mode but with disc set at zero. On most detectors, raising disc settings can impact depth negatively. If you want to eliminate iron for example, set the volume at 10 (iron signals muted completely) or choose 11 or 12 to barely hear it. If you want to eliminate other targets from detection you can use v-break. It will assign an iron grunt sound to these signals. You will still hear them but not in the "duck quack" range ! And without the negative impact of loosing depth with raised discrimination.

Here's a coin/ some gold pattern for ya. I use it most of the time. Volume at ten but that's just personal preference. Notch width 4 numbers. Set notch at 56 you'll have 56 thru 59 notched out. Set disc at 70. I use that number because the old tax tokens here in mo. hit there. Then run your v break up to 59. The notched out area will turn gray and you will get a low tone for nickels which hit usually 57,58. It's NOT a gold jewelry /pattern but it's a great coin, token and some cool stuff pattern. Running the disc up on the f19 doesn't affect depth at all. It just eliminates the sound that would have otherwise been heard. Good luck and HH!!