Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gray ghost amphibians 2

stateguyt

Does anyone have a set of these phones for the 3030
I have the gray ghost amphibians with volume control
But they are not loud enough for me
I want something to make the targets louder and here the threshold better and was wondering if these are louder then amphibians
I need a set of headphones that are louder and have the waterproof connection

I have the amphibian 2s but never used the first ones so I don't have a comparison... If there are not many kids around they work just fine. But I have wished a time or 2 they were louder or could be made louder...

I have a pair of the GG amphibians and I think MikeK above has the description of the sound level about right. I think the cheap Minelab ones (not waterproof) that come w the CTX 3030 are loud (and fit poorly - too big even for a BIG HEAD). But they are loud. I also have a pair of the LS Pelso waterproof Yellow headphones from Kellyco and for waterproof headphones they're louder than the GGs.

Had to return the GGs after about 4 months surf use because of loss signal (plug/wire problem). Got them back and never used them and just today noticed that the male plug for the GGs is bent and distorted and won't plug into CTX. Aaaauuuu. [Don't know if they were damaged when repaired, but damage could have occurred by having plug in a vice, for example.]

Had the LS Lesco headphones for about 2 weeks before they went bad (same problem as CTX). Were quickly replaced by Kellyco.

Have been testing various waterproof earbuds for my detectors (Bluetooth for Equinox 800) and for the CTX found a nice wired pair of earbuds to use that have a waterproof rating of IPX7; Ok if dropped in 3 ft of water. Would have to add a waterproof connector for the earbuds to connect to the CTX for water use or one could use the WM08 module w the earbuds and go detector wireless. I've been summer land hunting in 90-100 deg heat and earbuds are the way to go. The only problem in using the WM08 module (or Bluetooth on 800) is that you can't place the control unit underwater because of loss of signal, effectively limiting surf hunting to about 3 ft or so.

LawrencetheMDer said:
I have a pair of the GG amphibians and I think MikeK above has the description of the sound level about right.

I wonder if contacting the manufacture and asking if there is a way to boost the audio? I will have to contact them and see if that's possible. I don't care if I have to send them back but if they can boost the audio then it would be worth it... My opinion unless anyone else has another idea? I'll post back here when I find something out...

Mike

[email subject="Updated Gray Ghost Amphibian 2s"]foxbat68@gmail.com[/email]Last month I ordered the GG A2's. When I opened the package there was a sticker attached at the upper right that stated they were for the CTX despite the box reading for AT-Pro. They were supposed to have a volume control. They did not. They clearly were for the AT-Pro so returned them and ordered replacements. Replacements arrived and the package was the same as the first pair. I was not at all pleased. Sent them back and got the refund. Called the dealer where I ordered the CTX (should have called him first), and was informed the GG A2's were updated and volume is no longer an issue. Received them last week. Took them out 3 times. No problem at all with volume. Now they have found a home and added to the arsenal. Before you decide to order, make sure you ask the dealer if you will receive the newly updated unit.