Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great day detecting 1877 large cent too...

broadestpower

Back from vacation trying to get get back into the swing of things ! I couldn't think of any better way to do that than to go out on a early morning metal detecting trip. I found about six dollars in change 3.75 in quarters, close two two dollars in dimes and some rare finds like an old lipstick case brass a brass ring gold plated a nice twisted square nail someones long lost keys a parking token, an old nickel I'm still trying to dàte! The real shocker was the 1877 British large cent. One of those days you leave your favorite park feeling pretty fulfilled. HH all, and enjoy the rest of your summer. George P.S. hopefully I can date the nickel and maybe it will be worthy of a couple picures!

Congratulations! Nice finds.

Very nice !

I also found a Queen Victoria - British Penny ( dated 1867 ) about two months ago - but yours is in much better condition than mine.

Nice find, do have a picture of your penny?? Question you might be able to answer? I found another coin about ten feet away from the British large cent. Very crusty and green thick with it. I finally got fed up and soaked it in lemon juice I can now see images. I was curious if you might be able to identify?