Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great Day with the E-TRAC

Had a fantastic day with the E-trac. A fellow club member wanted me to come with him to a ghost town site he has permission to hunt. So of course I said yes. My first hit was a 1905O Barber dime and wow they just kept coming! I ended up with 4 barbers, 3 mercs, a 1912Vnickel, a dateless buffalo nickel, 4 indian heads and 9 wheaties. I know he got some silver dimes, a Vnickel, a buffalo, IH's and wheaties also. They were just popping out of the ground today!
This ground was really hard on the coppers and even the silver looks a little tarnished. I was using the coin pattern, auto +2, deep recovery, conductive tones, difficult ground and the pro coil. My arm is a little sore but it was worth it!

Your killing me Norm, I thought I did well last week to get 3 v nickles out of there chopping throught the frozen ground. Next time give me a call and I will help you guys get those coins out of there :)

Joe

Joe, you just couldn't believe how many signals were out there. We took two or three breaks and went back at it and it was like we weren't even out there before. The ground was perfect, I know you had tough luck last week when it was still frozen. Nothing was super deep but there was some on edge.

Im guessing your starting to like that ETrac machine...do you get many iffy signals that turn out to be coins? Nice digs...go get em.

You know today I did get at least one or two signals that were 12-33 to 35 that I just dug to see what they were and one was an IH and I think the other was a wheatie, but they were repeatable both ways and they gave a decent pinpoint. And yes I think the E-trac is a good machine so far, I don't know if my SE would have found any less but I wasn't about to switch when I had such a good thing going on.

[size=medium]Days like yours don't come around very often.

Good Job.

You owe your buddy a cheeseburger.[/size]

Wow, a very nice hunt!! Thanks for sharing with us.:clapping: