Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great experience with White's CS & the latest V3UP firmware?

aindejeje

Recently sent my V3i for repair the screen under warranty. There was a burnt spot on the screen (maybe overheating problem).
They fixed the problem, replace the coil cable, reprogram and recalibrated the unit (and more).
Return international shipping is free. They return it about 4-5 working days (fast service). (HAPPY 1)

While waiting my V3i to reach me, I did my study and decided to upgrade to CTX.
But when I turned ON the unit, I noticed the serial number changes.
Previously it was V3-000-0XX-XXX, changed to V3UP-000-000-XXX. So it maybe a newer firmware.
So I decide to try it first.
524673_10200596288966113_1945838173_n.jpg

(I owned my White's V3i for over 1 year but used it less than 100 hours. To be honest, I am not good operating it.)
Then I went to search mode in my house, I noticed very few chatter at standard Rx Gain = 7 (It was horrible to turn ON V3i inside my house before this) (HAPPY 2)
I turned the Rx Gain = 15 and Tx boost ON without overload (It was overload before this).

Last night, I hunted with my new V3i using C&J program at nearby park. .
I noticed the Frequency>Offset (frequency shift) works even better. A single offset completely eliminates the EMI problem. I don't even have to decide which channel is the most silence!
It is much easier to decide between good target and junk (increase stability). I really see the benefit of using 3x3 target ID system now.
Previously, hunting at trashy park using V3i and 10-DD coil was a nightmare. But now, I feel like operating a single frequency detector! (HAPPY+++)
So, I found very few tabs or caps and about 30 coins, 2 junk ring and 1 silver pendent.
Thank you WHITE'S for making this great detector! This will be a keeper for now.

18026_495146697206908_1998176160_n.jpg

P/s: The performance difference maybe after hardware fixed and recalibration, not due to the firmware.

Not due to any uprades or changes, if there was I would get it.

It sounds like you had a bad coil initally although a tune-up doesn't hurt anything. Glad it is working good for you.

There is no upgrade to the firmware - the "UP" after V3 in the software serial number is an indication of where it was worked on. - Which UP is the repair center. SE is for us here at the distribution center White's of the Southeast. It's a way of identifying where the unit has been - for example if we changed out a circuit board. The new software serial number would have our initials as the location that put the new circuit board in. It's also the same if we do an upgrade from V3 to V3i and also, if for some reason the unit is acting up and we reinstall the V3i software and recalibrate the unit.

[attachment 263215 likethat.jpg] Thanks Andrea for the information. I, didn't know about the significance.

they took your OK unit and made ita HOT stock V unit....

No they didn't. He had something wrong that they fixed. People should not get excited and send their units in to make them hotter, it ain't going to happen. There is no magic bullet for people so don't understand how to use their unit. As I said before, if their was different firmware, software, or a hotter fix I would have it. Let's not start a false rumor.

Sounds like ya got a new coil and calibration....and excellent customer service....good for you and good for whites....wtg!!!!