Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great find with the Legend SILVER!

coinspader

Got my coil over this nice Barber quarter while using my Legend with the stock 11 inch coil. It was only about 4 inches deep but there were 3 rusty nails in the hole with it, rang up on the vdi at 32-33 loud and clear in both directions and I think it was still there because of the lower numbers, I thought it was going to be just another pull tab but I got a big surprise as you can see. : ) It might have been on edge or the nails might have dropped the numbers. I kept thinking how many guys walked over this shallow Barber with their detectors thinking it was just a pull tab because this park has been heavily hunted. My settings were Park mode, M2, ferrous disced, recovery 8, IF 3, ST 3, 60 tone, my gain was at 25, firmware version 1.09. I also dug a couple deep Indian heads in the same hunt that were length of the probe using the same settings.

Attachments

• IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1567.jpg
    973.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    808.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    952.6 KB · Views: 96
Those nails kept that baby hidden. Barb quarters are a hard find. They made beautiful coins back then. I want one.:yo:

Beautiful coin!

Good thing your recovery speed was high…..Generally speaking, in a heavily hunted park, you would look deeper for old Silver…Barbers are a really nice find….The old parks that I hunt are hunted to death !….You’re lucky to pull a Barber these days…Good for you !

I finally got a Barber quarter recently so now have the dime, quarter, and a half dollar in the bucket! Yes, not flashy like the Standing or Walking but still a cool coin.

Isnt it funny when if you find just the nail by itself it ring high like a quarter or above but if mixed in with a quarter the numbers fall into canslaw range? Good job!!

Love old coins, you have the legend dialed in. I gotta wait till next year to get another detector, I'm heavily leaning towards the Legend , congrats on a stellar hunt!!