Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great little new coil on A-Multi sniffs out deep Seated !!

Va Dave

Got a good deal at NG Relics and added the 9x5 to the Multi's arsenal bag. Went back and forth on whether to get the 7 or the 9, and now that the coil is on the unit I'm glad I went with the 9. Balanced the machine well, has the small footprint I was wanting, while maintaining good depth. First time out with it was fun, as you can see by the 1853 Seated Half Dime. Coin was 6-7" and the Anfibio hit on it no prob.

[attachment 370354 11-2019b-forum2.jpg][attachment 370355 11-2019a-forum.jpg]

The Great Thing about a new Coil......

You hopes and your senses are at a peak expecting the best outcomes. You are Open Minded.

:clapping:

For over forty-eight years I have preferred smaller-size coils for most of the places I like to hunt. By "smaller-size" I refer to those that were in the 4½ to 7" diameter, most of them being round shaped. As the years progressed the coil designs improved a little but the detector designs made very significant improvements and about twenty-thirty years ago I re-grouped my search coil assignment. Where 7" to 8" coils used to be 'standard,' by 1988 we saw the move in the industry to shift to larger-size 'standard' coils that measured in the 9", 9½", 8X9, 10", 10½" and 11" size, mostly round but some to the somewhat elliptical 7X11 to larger diameters than that. The bigger coils were, and are or can be, fine for larger, wide-open areas with very spread-out and minimal; trash. Beaches, big grassy parks, plowed fields and pastureland, etc.

As mentioned earlier, however, I have been spending the bulk of my search time in more crowded places, like dense woods or places with a lot of building rubble or sagebrush and other weedy vegetation. In addition to not much open space, the places I visit are heavily littered with ferrous debris, and some non-ferrous junk, but the iron contamination can be quite a challenge. For those places a smaller-size search coil is the absolute best when mounted to a detector model that is engineered to provide exceptional performance and unmasking abilities.

By my current coil descriptions I've relied on for the past few decades now, the "smaller-size" I am referring to are coils in the ±5" diameter to 6½" diameter, either Concentric or Double-D, whichever type and size provides the best in-the-field performance on the toughest iron trash challenges. Then for the fringe areas of those trashier placers, when the debris is less and more spread out, or for working many private yards or places like sports fields, I then like to select a detector with a "mid-size" search coil. And, to me, those would be a round-shaped 7" Concentric or an elliptically-shaped ±5X9½ DD, and of these coils I like an open-frame design, too.

I have found that in so many different hunt sites, these "mid-size" search coils provide impressive depth-of-detection and come very close to their otherwise 'standard' counterpart. They can actually have an edge in unmasking keepers near undesired trash, and also give a little tighter and better visual TID/VDI report on some of the mid-depth and deeper targets than a standard-size coil. So, enjoy that 5X9½ DD open-frame coil on your Anfibio Multi. It's a very good search coil choice for low to moderate trashy environments.

Monte

Colonial house site that was surrounded by Civil War activity, and was occupied up to 1950, so the amount of trash around the vicinity of the house is insane, solid rubbish, but holding the good stuff. 2 summers ago I pouched the first minted American Dime of 1796, and over the years this site has produced some great Silver and rare relics. It's gotten to the point now that the good finds seem to be hiding in the trash. After quite a few hours on the A-Multi in certain scenarios I realized this unit was going to be a house site killer, but waited for the smaller coil for this task.... Impressed to say the least. Pretty much stayed in 2 Tone, 5khz, Disc 4, Sense of 85 for most of the hunt, but would occasionally flip into 3 Tone, 5khz, Sense of 88. Really starting to like 3 Tone in high trash, it's easy on the ears and can really cherry pick.

Lol so true, ya gotta be in the right positive state of mind to tackle those high trash ares anyway, of course a shiny new snooper coil helps.

That's my favorite for iron infested house sites. Nice finds.