Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Great mix of old coins on Sunday at the pounded park!

Eric in RI

Greetings all, managed to get out to pounded park today with my buddy Ron. We started off the day rather slow. Ron and I hit 2 different sections in the park. I wasn't really finding anything today, even the clad was elusive. Ron was first on board today with a nice 1936 Buffalo in the 2nd section that we hit. Unfortunately Ron only had a couple of hours to dig before he had to be on his merry way. After he left, I went back to my old reliable spot where I usually find a keeper. I started off with a slow swing speed. Dodging the iron, underground electrical wires, can slaw and pulltabs, I came across a bouncy high tone. It was loud, scratchy and just down right obnoxious if you ask me. I was certain it was a rusty bottle cap, so I didn't bother doing a live dig. After I extracted the signal out of the ground, I noticed that it was actually a penny. I wiped off one side to reveal an Injun! I quickly turned on the GoPro and started filming. Turned out it was a 1901 in half decent shape. Mission accomplished, old reliable gave me another keeper.

I worked my way down the hillside about a couple of hundred feet from the Injun. The last time I hit this hillside I found a wheatie and a silver dime. I decided to try my luck again and see if I could squeak out some shiny. I slowly gridded this hillside while dodging an underground power line. The ATPro was pretty erratic in this particular area. Lots of false signals due to electrical interference, but if you go slow and double and triple check all the signals, it can be rewarding. I came across a bouncy signal that was coming up around 80-82. I say bouncy because there was a lot of interference. The tone was soft most times with an occasional bit of scratch to it. I figured it was probably a wheatie. I dug a shallow plug, scooped out a bit of dirt from the hole and the signal was out of the ground. I saw the edge of a clad dime or so I thought. I wiped off the front to reveal a nice 1914 Barber dime! I was so happy that I was pretty much ready to leave.

I worked my way along the hillside, kinda half-a$$ing my swings, not really overlapping and just kinda drifting off into space. I came across a textbook nickel signal. It rang up 51-52 both directions, the signal was tight but it was shallow. At a mere 2 inches, I revealed a nickel. Before I pulled it out of the hole, I decided to record again. I had a feeling it was an old nickel due to the fact of the history of finds I've pulled from here. Turned out to be a 1919 Buffalo! I was saying to myself earlier that an old nickel would be a nice way to end the hunt. That was it, I was done and ready to leave.

As I was swinging towards the truck, I got a nice soft wheat signal. Numbers bounced from 80 - 86, but the tone repeated both ways so I decided to do a live dig. I dug down about 4 - 5 inches to reveal a 1911 wheatie. Not a bad mix of coins today!

Below is a link to todays hunt. I'm not going to beg for likes or subscribers, I will let you all decide that for yourselves. HH! :)

https://youtu.be/k2ehvM1P_JM

Nice haul - congrats ! :beers:

Nice finds!